ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Utility ATVs (https://atvconnection.com/forums/utility-atvs/)
-   -   Dual Wheels?? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/utility-atvs/91535-dual-wheels.html)

01450ES4x4 03-09-2003 11:47 PM

Dual Wheels??

Has anyone ever put rear duals on their machine. I think it was Maxx Traxx that used to make a kit but i cant find it again. Does anyone know if someone makes a dual wheel kit or how to go about doing something like that. Thanks

suzuki4ever 03-10-2003 05:12 PM

Dual Wheels??

I used to have dual wheels all the way around on my LT230. It was great, i could float across ponds and stuff. I got the idea from an artical i saw in a dirt wheels mag. i built wheel spacers that i bulted to the hub with the inside tire and they had another hub on the end of them witch i bolted another wheel to. It kills you in turning and it makes it exstremly wide but I could kill all my buddies through the mud on their big 4x4s, on my little 2x4 sport quad.

friedenspull 03-10-2003 05:44 PM

Dual Wheels??

Hey go to highlifter.com. Look at the readers wheelers under exreme wheelers. There used to be a guy on there with duals all the way around on his SP500. Pretty awesome looking machine. I have the pics somewhere if you can't find them pm I'll get-em to ya.

friedenspull 03-10-2003 05:55 PM

Dual Wheels??

Sorry just went to high lifter the quad is no longer there. Let me know if you want the pics

RaptorRy 03-12-2003 12:53 AM

Dual Wheels??

Check out the febuary dirt wheels pg 156 there is a 01 grizz with duals all round hope this helps Ry

Grizzdaddy 05-16-2004 02:22 AM

Dual Wheels??

Can you explain in more detail how you did the dual wheels? I really want to make a set and try them on my AC
Thanks, john[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

MnFriesen 05-17-2004 03:10 AM

Dual Wheels??

Originally posted by: friedenspull
Sorry just went to high lifter the quad is no longer there. Let me know if you want the pics
you should post them into your gallery... I know I would like to see it

maddog56 06-23-2004 08:39 PM

Dual Wheels??

Albright shores runs a sand drag series. A guy showed up there with a banshee running a sled engine and a rear axle with 4 extreme hauler paddles on it. Not on the utility end I know, but sweet to look at none the less.

Starky 06-24-2004 10:56 AM

Dual Wheels??

I don't know if this would work but I don't see why not. You could knock the studs out of your hubs and replace them with longer hardened bolts. Put the first set on and tighten them down with some nuts and then put the second set on and tighten them down with some nuts. I think the important thing would be to make sure you use hardened bolts.

Glenlivet 06-26-2004 12:16 PM

Dual Wheels??

Not unless you found a way to fix the rim flanges of the inner and outer wheels together. The described setup would be axially strong but would have virtually no lateral strength except that provided by the friction between the wheels, or rather the tire sidewalls since they bulge out past the wheels, at the meeting faces. IE: Roll the outer tire up on a rock and it would skid up in relation to the inner tire. Then you are set for a bumpy ride home. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]