ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Vintage Machines.. Pre 1975, Dirt bikes, ATV's, MiniBikes, Snowmobiles, etc.... (https://atvconnection.com/forums/vintage-machines-pre-1975-dirt-bikes-atv-s-minibikes-snowmobiles-etc/)
-   -   Does Anyone Recognise this 3 Wheeler (https://atvconnection.com/forums/vintage-machines-pre-1975-dirt-bikes-atv-s-minibikes-snowmobiles-etc/339874-does-anyone-recognise-3-wheeler.html)

MikeNTex 09-12-2011 10:01 PM

Does Anyone Recognise this 3 Wheeler

I just purchased. I have no idea as to when or who it was manufactured/sold by. There was a painted over decal that said Autobaun on the side of the fairing. It could be described as a mini-bike on steroids. No suspension, straight live axle, belt/chain driven drive, manual disc brakes, powered by a 4 to 5 hp manual start Briggs Stratton 4 cycle engine.

Just picture to yourself a simple mini-bike with three balloon tires till I can figure out had to include a photo of it.

MooseHenden 09-13-2011 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by MikeNTex (Post 3062565)
I just purchased. I have no idea as to when or who it was manufactured/sold by. There was a painted over decal that said Autobaun on the side of the fairing. It could be described as a mini-bike on steroids. No suspension, straight live axle, belt/chain driven drive, manual disc brakes, powered by a 4 to 5 hp manual start Briggs Stratton 4 cycle engine.

Just picture to yourself a simple mini-bike with three balloon tires till I can figure out had to include a photo of it.

I think you have to have 10-12 posts before you can post a picture. Sounds like it might be an old Heald kit trike that you had to put together by yourself.

MikeNTex 09-13-2011 10:48 AM

Photo

I was able to upload a photo of it in the Garage.

MooseHenden 09-13-2011 10:57 AM

Picture's not too good but my guess is that it is either a Honda ATC, Polaris Scrambler 3-wheeler, or Suzuki Tri-Moto (not sure of if the Suzuki name is right or if there are any other makes out there)

MooseHenden 09-13-2011 10:59 AM

You might try this site: 3WHeeLeR WoRLD's Polaris 3 Wheeler PaGe There are all sorts of links to look around at old 3 wheelers.

MikeNTex 09-13-2011 01:59 PM

I finally found out it is a Manco Three Wheeler. Found the ID plate nut Don't know the model number as it has been painted over leaving only the serial number stamped in the plate.

I replaced the BS with a HF 6.5 $99.00 engine. Runs good, now if only I can stop it, especially going down hill. LOL

scootergptx 09-13-2011 02:23 PM

You can try the Flintstone method. But you'll find out why Fred only had 3 toes. :nod:

mywifesquad 09-13-2011 02:30 PM

Welcome to the forum MikeNTex! :)

I think Ive got the test of that machine in one of my old Mini Bike Guide magazines..

MikeNTex 09-13-2011 02:44 PM

Trees work ok. LOL

MikeNTex 09-13-2011 02:47 PM

I would be interested in know a little more. But this one is extremely simple in construction but seems sturdy and well built.

The last three wheelers I delt with were Tri-Sports in the early 70's. Talk about some crazy machines.