Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

silver lake with swimsuit models!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default silver lake with swimsuit models!!!

First of all it was the DNR who told us the process of how they do the sound checks. He flat out told us that there is no way that they can test everyone and can't test all the time becuase they don't have the staff and the budget to do that. Secondly how can we talk out of our butt about the voucher system when it has only been around for a couple of years. I honestly have no problem with the system. I think it is a good one myself. We asked the DNR to check the bike with the DB meter because we where wanting to make sure it was legal. We where not trying to beat the system we where trying to abide by the rules!! So, why don't you actually get all of your facts straight before you go and acuse someone of doing something wrong when they are actually doing something right. Just because you are old and have been around longer dosen't mean you are some WISE MAN. Shoot for you we probally need loud pipes becuase you are to old to hardly hear anyway huh?? Since, that is all you seem to care about is that you have been going there longer then any of us... Shoot you seem to be on the side of the people that want to shut riding areas down by the way you talk. Way to help the sport out by bashing it.

Old 05-27-2003, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dasheek
First of all it was the DNR who told us the process of how they do the sound checks. He flat out told us that there is no way that they can test everyone and can't test all the time becuase they don't have the staff and the budget to do that.............

Nobody ever claimed that 'you' or anybody in your group didn't get or request a sound check. What we DON'T need is the DNR letting the whole internet (courtesy of you) in on the fact that our sound check system isn't FUNCTIONING every time the park opens. The only people who are interested in wether the DNR is checking 'sound' are the ones who don't care how much SOUND they generate.

..........Secondly how can we talk out of our butt about the voucher system when it has only been around for a couple of years............

Master 'chewy' was the one who decided to tell us all in no uncertain terms what he thought of the voucher system..................if you two are joined at the hip somehow...........I'm sorry

.........We where not trying to beat the system we where trying to abide by the rules!!.............

'Again'.............nobody ACCUSED you of trying to beat the system or break any rules! What is this.............the 'victim mentality' that you youngsters are being taught in your grade schools? Us 'old farts' merely tried to give a synopsis of why the rules 'were' the way they were; for kids like master 'chewy'; who seemed to be changing his mind about them as the wind blew.

So, why don't you actually get all of your facts straight before you go and acuse someone of doing something wrong when they are actually doing something right...............

Oh boy, you're on a 'roll' now.............................

...Just because you are old and have been around longer dosen't mean you are some WISE MAN......... Shoot for you we probally need loud pipes becuase you are to old to hardly hear anyway huh?? Since, that is all you seem to care about is that you have been going there longer then any of us... Shoot you seem to be on the side of the people that want to shut riding areas down by the way you talk. Way to help the sport out by bashing it.
We'd just like for you to keep your mouth shut when you've 'obviously' been told something in confidence. This is what 'men' not 'boys' are able to accomplish. Our sound program may not be the best it can be...................but it is guys like yourself; who seemingly can't keep their mouth shut ....................that will ultimately let it be known to 'everybody'; that it is a lot less effective than it will ever have 'a chance' of being.

"Hey, why not take a chance with the loud pipe this weekend...............'the shiek' let us all know on the internet that we might just have a chance of getting away with it!............."

Thanks for the 'big guy' talk above.....................we'll definitely be in touch [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

Mr black

Relax, Go take a ride.
Sorry for us young, the future, finacially suppory Silver Lake, loud KIDS.
Why don't you go over to apple tree and duneland and tell them to stop selling pipes and silancers and all that other stuff to the young kids that make thier way to yhe dunes. WE all pay for our permits so we're aloud to ride. We dont have to put up with you. You had your time there. enjoy your self and do your job. Its OK we'll be there every year. If they told me my quads to loud I'll fix it. End of story. By the way you dont really hear much when your outside the dunes. only when your in it. Why don't you keep your helmit on. It won't be as loud.

Old 05-28-2003, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Talk about being loud,how about the FU**ING harleys If your a dirtbag on a harley you can be as loud as you want!!!

Old 05-28-2003, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

I was never the one that brought up the whole issue of quads being loud. You got your panties all in a bunch or something?? It's like you got nothing else better to do then to just go on and on about bullshi*. If the DNR chooses to tell people how they are doing sound checks then I think that is a good thing because they are keeping the public informed on something that effects them. I never knew it was a crime to let other people know how rules and regs. that actually effect them are actually working in the real world.

Chewey and racer summed it up pretty good.!!

Old 05-28-2003, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

Ya know, last week, when I was at the Dunes with Dasheek and the crew... I broke my flag mount.

I went over the Appletree and had them weld up another one for me... While I was in there I was talking to the owner and I asked him how the soundchecks and voucher system has effected the business. He flat out told me, "business isn't as great as it used to be, people are afriad to bring anything loud out here and the system confuses them and makes them afraid of it..."

Silver Lake is a very small place. The town is great, though... and it survives by the business we bring in.

I personally don't like to hear an overly loud pipe than anyone else... but it's people who dump their loot into the pipes and paddles and parking vouchers and whatever else, that also dump their money into the local businesses at Silver Lake and keep that place alive.

Old 05-28-2003, 07:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blackballed
How in the heck could that banshee have been very 'fast'..................if he didn't have the loud and annoying pipe that most guys buy to make up for a small pee-pee?
Is somebody telling me that you can actually go out, have fun and even 'go fast'; without being like some dumbass streetbiker who demands that we all 'look at me' ; as he wakes up and disturbs the entire neighborhood?
And even the DNR official turns out to be a decent enough guy to actually reveal how his sound check system is actually operated?
What are you going to tell me next? That people who live around Silver lake would just as soon get rid of the voucher system and let everybody run open headers?
Gosh, I didn't know that you could actually obey the law and still have fun without worrying about what you can get away with.What a concept!
Besides the fact that the DNR guy wasn't expecting 'the shiek' to blab his inside info all over the internet...........................which one of you kids was PERSONALLY offended by THIS post enough to start in on the PERSONAL insults? And how many of you realize 'now'; that you just might actually have to 'retain' what you read................. instead of instantly crying out about how you have been 'discriminated' against; as your liberal grade school teachers have taught you to 'knee-jerk' react to? (must be a 'Detroit' area thing).

As far as the speed shops on the dunes? What in the he11 do THEY have to do with anything? SO WHAT if business is down, people are 'afraid' to bring out anything loud (as they should be) and there are duners STUPID enough that the voucher system 'confuses them'.

If you guys 'sympathize' with somebody who wishes they could cater (and make more money off) the 'dumba$$es' of our society.....................I'll just say that we can only hope that these new rules keep weeding more and more of them OUT. If you can't understand 'vouchers' and believe in your heart of hearts that "the dunes aren't that loud, anyways" (master 'chewy')....................maybe some of you are starting to get an idea of the 'intelligence level' of some of the duners who brought on these rules in the first place.

Old 05-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer

LOL

Old 05-28-2003, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer

blackball you are just one big ridiculous joke!!!

Old 05-28-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

I think the 'joke' is that you just broke a DNR officer's confidence and singlehandedly just caused A LOT of scrutiny to be directed towards INCREASING sound patrols on these dunes.

The money isn't there?

Just watch what 'local' folks can do about increasing those harassing patrols and getting more tickets wrote! Do you kids somehow believe that 'tourists' are the only ones who ride these dunes?

It's a small town and we sure do appreciate the heads up on the 'false' information that our officers 'were' disseminating.

And we all thought that 'the fight' was pretty much over.............................................. .

(Oh, and guys.........., don't blame 'shiek#52' for the next time a local with radio and glasses sicks a DNR on you...........................these volunteers didn't realize that they still had a 'fill-in' job to do!)

Quick Reply: silver lake with swimsuit models!!!