Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

4wheelin' Chic in Indiana lookin' for places to ride

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 02:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wheelin' Chic in Indiana lookin' for places to ride

Hey guys and gals ,

I am 21 , the boyfriend is 24 , andwe live in Morocco , Indiana (17 miles north of Kentland off 41N)... Boyfriend and I have been lookin' for some trails to ride but everywhere we've looked on the internet always has the same 'ol places again and again , we just got our 4wheelers not even a month ago they're Suzuki Ozark Quadrunners and we have only been able to ride them at a friend's house and can't even top them out in the space provided. Plus we're both beginners in ridin' 4wheelers...

So , all in all I just wanted to say hi and to find out where are some good places to ride and do we have to register our 4wheelers before ridin' them ? I've heard a lot about Badlands and I know Redbird (i think that's what it was) just opened on the 7th of this month. Also , we're always open to makin' new friends to ride 4wheelers with...

So gimme a hollar and let me know whatcha got... My AOL instant SN is the same as my nick I am postin' this with , so if you see me on there and want to chat about some areas , don't hesitate to IM me!!!!

Thanks in Advance to Any who respond to this!!!

Old 06-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BudwyzerChic21 the boyfriend is 24
you would get more offers if you had left that part out. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K welcome to the site and good luck.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:08 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Southern Indiana, just north of Lynnville off interstate 64 and just southeast of Spurgeon has about a couple thousand acres of old reclaimed and unreclaimed strip mine areas. It runs between pike and Warrick counties. Large tracts are now owned by the State of Indiana and can be ridden on with State of Indiana off road permits required. The private owned property (Interlake another couple thousand acres maybe) next to the above can be ridden on now at your own risk but not sure on how long that will last because this large tract area is for sale.

This is quite a long drive for you being it is at the bottom of the state. This area has become quite popular in the last couple of years with all the private land owners not wanting you on there land and that includes myself. When I used to ride this area years ago it was very remote and there was hardly no one but now someweeks there is quite the crowd.

Chet Racer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2003, 04:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Gee thanks sickmojave... haha... Thanks for the warm welcome ... Maybe I should retract the last post and put a new one just to see if you would be correct as far as getting more responses if I didn't mention him ... haha...

Old 06-14-2003, 04:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the information Rapatory , I think I'll check into things and find out what I can about the area you mentioned. Guess my next step is gonna have to be get some registration papers and get that goin' . You don't happen to know if I have to get registration papers if I am ridin' on private land also , do you ? Thanks for all the information , like I said I am new to the 4wheelin' world and still learning about all the do's and don'ts...

Old 06-14-2003, 04:58 PM
RIP Dear Friend

BudwyzerChic21,

If you are riding on private land I would advise not to get an off road permit.

In our local with the off road permit you are allowed to ride the rural rock roads so in my case it is worth it.

The off road permit information is sent back to the local county seat and you are accessed a yearly tax on your quad as personal property.

In my case with the quads and dirtbikes I pay a personal property tax bill of around $180.00 on the mentioned items.

ChetRacer

Old 06-14-2003, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Have you heard anything about Haspin Acres in Laurel?

If not it has about 800-900 acres of trails, 2 MX tracks and a drag strip. it cost $15 a day to ride, you can camp there and they have bathrooms with showers. Some of the trails are pretty extreme so for a beginner rider you would have to be careful.

I go down there (I'm from north central IN) about once a month to practice on there big MX track.

There website is www.motocrosspark.com

Old 06-15-2003, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

4wheelin' Chic,

If you haven't tried out The Badlands, I would reccomend it. Its not quite as long a trip as some of the other places, and they have a little bit of everything there. I live in West Point, which is between Lafayette and Attica, and it takes me about 15-20 minutes to get there, so it would maybe take you 1 1/2 to 2 hours? Its $15.00 a quad, you don't have to be registered, and they only require a helmet and a 6ft flag, which they sell there. I rode there alot as a beginer and had no problems, just have to know your limits. They just opened a camping spot right next door in case you wanted to make it a weekend thing. Have fun.

Old 06-15-2003, 01:03 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Diablo,

Thanks for that info. I have never been there and I was wondering myself if the state registration was needed. Do they have a web site?

Chet

Old 06-15-2003, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Chet,

The only time that registration has come up is when the DNR was there checking everyone who went through the gate, I was not registered, and they didn't seem to care, all they did was take down my serial# to make sure my quads not stolen. That made for kind of a long wait to get in, so I would reccomend getting there early. The website is Badlands Hope I did the link right.

Quick Reply: 4wheelin' Chic in Indiana lookin' for places to ride