Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Virginia Sports Park MX Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virginia Sports Park MX Racing

Hey Landon! My hand is broken but I don't have to have any pins, woohoo! The VA Sports Park track is good, I can't wait to get this cast off and go again. I know what you mean about the doubles at Widewater, they are very steep and you have to hit them FAST. I'll bet you ate it on the top section where there are back-to-back doubles, right? Don't feel bad, I've not seen a lot of quads that make them. I've got a month of no riding but I definetly would like to hook up with you and your crew sometime in Aug, maybe the next race at VA Sports Park on the 29th if not before.

Old 07-14-2003, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JCocke
Sorry I didn't make it this weekend, but I was in Wytheville at Pro Sports MX at their race. When is the next race there at VA Sports Park? Are the weekends open for practice? I am looking to start racing a little and I need some track time. This place sounds like what I need.
The next race there is August 29-30....Frog said that we could have a practice when ever we wanted all we need is 40 riders I beleive....As for this moment there is no practice scheduled.

mulishatroop: I also had a few problems Saturday first off during practice my chain came off on the front double......my bad LOL.......and then in the pro-quad main I blew out a tire....also my bad LOL....My friend told me that if it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] LOL It was also my first time running pro I knew I was going to be pretty much out gunned but I was holding my own in the 2nd moto I was running 5th when my tire blew so i was kind of glad I could at least keep up LOL.

Old 07-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey everybody I'm new to the site. I live in Md, but willing to drive a few hours for a good atv park. Where exactly in Va. is the Virginia Sports Park, and also is it just for racing or is there a place just to go riding through trails and stuff aswell. I have 2 other buddies who are also eager to find new spots to ride also. 2 of us have 00' Warriors, but I'm thinking about upgrading to the Yamaha 450, and my other buddy is currently building a custom 250-R that should be ready soon.

Old 07-14-2003, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hotrode13
Hey everybody I'm new to the site. I live in Md, but willing to drive a few hours for a good atv park. Where exactly in Va. is the Virginia Sports Park, and also is it just for racing or is there a place just to go riding through trails and stuff aswell. I have 2 other buddies who are also eager to find new spots to ride also. 2 of us have 00' Warriors, but I'm thinking about upgrading to the Yamaha 450, and my other buddy is currently building a custom 250-R that should be ready soon.
How far are u from I-95?

Old 07-14-2003, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok let me get this all in one. yes i ate it on the two doubles up top but i CAN clear them i just misjudged the speed a bit. i dont think i will make that mistake again, i hope. well i cant wait untill your healed up man.

teamgreen: saw you out there man, nice quad. you made me pucker up a couple times when you came off the lip of the triple. well i had so much fun for my first time but i am sore as hell and have quiet a few injuries. oh well its all in fun.

hotrod: i live about 30 mins south of DC off 95 and i have got a few spots to ride and i am working on some more so hit me up and let me know where you are.

landon
dirnbergerlm@tecom.usmc.mil
badazzpitbull@yahoo.com

Old 07-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

holy crap is that a 50 cal i see and an rx-7 ???

seems like we have alot in common.
i drive a 92 tsi awd turbo and i work at the precision weapons section in weapons training battalion.im sure with agun like that you are bound to know a few guys that i work with.oh yeah and i like to fish.

later
oops

Old 07-15-2003, 08:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

I am about 20 miles north of DC, but I am very aware of I-95 south. I frequent Va. Beach alot so driving a little ways to have some fun is not a big deal. Md has little to no riding spots so anywhere good would be worth the drive for us, that the cops won't come and run us off for just having safe fun, not wreckless. Please let me know where are some good spots.

Old 07-15-2003, 08:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm not far at all from I-95.

Old 07-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: hotrode13
I'm not far at all from I-95.
All right here ya go....Take 95 south to the Doswell exit same exact as King Dominion....That's Route 30 take 30 east about 19 miles till it intersects RT 360 take 360 east for another 12 or so miles and Virginia Sports Park will be on your right hand side. The next race is August 29-30 I'll be sure to let everybody on here know if they are planning on having a practice before then.

Old 07-15-2003, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

if there is traffic it is easier to take 17 down to 360 that way you dont get held up anywhere.just my .02 on the whole thing and thats the way i went down there.

landon

Quick Reply: Virginia Sports Park MX Racing