Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Old PSAR thread - please see the new one

Old 08-03-2003, 01:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old PSAR thread - please see the new one

What a fun time the boys and I had!!! Happy Birthday to Pam, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Anniversary to Kevin and Michelle, Happy Anniversary to Derrick and Pam, and how do we spend the special occasions? Riding with friends and family, chowing down, sitting around the campfire drinking beer at the end of the day! What could be better than that, except maybe a little (just a little [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) mud?

6 boys, 4 good sized dogs, a few grownups, 9 quads, and a dirt bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] !

Let's set up another ride soon! I'll be back from Ft. Canby on the evening of the 7th.

I'm taking the boys to Seaside Aug 11-13 and making one or two day trips to Sand Lake. Nick and Roberta, you are headed there when?

Also, mid week is good usually, at least til school starts and reality bites again.

Anyhoo, it was great! Thanks everyone!

Marci

Old 08-03-2003, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider
Default Puget Sound Area Riders Meet HERE!!!

WELL.... We discussed this today with the group at Capitol Forest, and Marci (NWCutie) Started it. It was to Start this new thread that Everyone is welcome to stop in and say "HI!". (The old thread dated itself to July 21 riding.)

the Goal, I believe, is for everyone in the Puget Sound Area to have a chance to meet, ask questions, and ultimately "RIDE!" together.

As for me, I'm new to this sport of ATVing. Meeting people like Mark (Bing) for example, with a quick observation was able to give me some mechanical advise that helped prevent a problem, Or Meeting Nick (Nickli) & Roberta in Moses Lake the weekend after Memorial Day!,
Then there's Larry(HappaRap) and Rusty, Derrick & Pam(Derrick88), Kevin and Michelle (SmokeEater70) That I've had the Pleasure to ride with, and of course my Friend Marci (NWCutie) that introduced me to all this!!

Last Month a group of us met and went riding at Capitol Forest. (from the Rock Candy Staging Area) What A BLAST!!!
This weekend we went Camping and riding at the Middle Waddell Camp Ground, (Adults, Kids Dogs and QUADS!)

Mark, Julie. Larry & Rusty were MIA today, (Larry!! we were hoping you were going to bring us all Mocha's)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I look forward to riding again with all of you some more, and meeting all the other local riders!

Hopefully, this will be the place!

Till Later

Bill (Pics from today have been Posted)

Oh, and Derrick, remind Pam we have to have a "wheelie" practice soon![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2003, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer

Hello all, nice to finally meet you at cap forest... We had a great time.. Its 5 pm Sunday, we're all unloaded, cleaned up, now we're ready to go again... Im up for a middle of the week 3 day Sand Lake trip... Just say when! If we go, let me know if you need me to haul some quads, I have room for a couple more.

My sons had a great time with all of your children. We will have to do it again soon...

We are headed to Outback for dinner now.. I CAN NOT eat another hot dog on the grill... YUK! lol

Kevin D

Old 08-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Hey everybody
MIA, sorry didn't make it, ran into alittle problem with the bike, put it all back together and it started spewing fuel out the over flow tube. When a quad sits for awhile without being run, the gas that's still in the carbs turns to sludge, everything inside sticks, then it's time to pull the carbs off and disassemble and clean, not a fun project, after putting everything back together.
Glad everybody had a good time, catch everyvbody next ride at Capital.

Ride hard, Ride safe
Larry

Old 08-04-2003, 02:22 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

hello, I found it

sounds like it was a fun weekend

we hope to join you soon (parents are going home tommorrow)

Old 08-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

Mark, did you get your brakes done? Did Tech Tip goad you into racing at the track?

We look forward to seeing you and Julie on the next trip.

Take care,

Marci

Old 08-05-2003, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Hi All,
Well its off to Sand Lakes for us. We are really excited about seeing it. I just hope the weather man is good to us. Its not lookng the best but it could be worse too. Larry, you better get that Raptor ready to go bud. We need to see you to make sure you are alive. Anyway, time to head out. Look forward to riding again with the group soon.

Old 08-05-2003, 11:40 PM
Trailblazer

Great camp/ride at Capitol Forest everyone,it has one of the nicest campgrounds in the area.We really enjoyed meeting Kevin D & his Family.You guys really know how to camp[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Marcie,let Michael(great kid) know how much Pam & I appreciate his help on that trail,I had to shuttle 3 quads past those rough spots & he jumped on the Recon & moved it for me.I was going like heck to get down before we ran in to other riders coming up.I hope his shoulder is ok,we were just across from the camp ground when he laid his dirt bike down,hurt his shoulder & bent his shifter.I had Brandon push it back for him.

Like Bill said we started this thread to invite other local riders to come,ride & share other riding areas as well.

Pam & I are thinking about doing a camp/ride at Tahuyah on the 15,16,17th(Fri,Sat,Sun) if I can get the time off,lets talk about if anyones intrested.

Kevin,I did sell my XR on Sunday so I just might have to go look at that Warrior this weekend,just not sure if thats really what I want.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 12:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hi everyone,It was really nice seeing all of you.we had a great time camping and hope to do it again soon.Thanks Nick and Kevin for helping pull me and my hubby's quads apart on the trail, it did look like two dogs stuck together[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Wheelie Billie,I will keep my distance from now on when riding behind you and Derrick and Marcie and Roberta and Kevin and Nick and anyone else in front of me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] We have officially dubbed our Recon Sherman(Tank) any atv that can run head on into a Suzuki Eiger 400 and win,deserves a name like that.

Kevin it was nice to meet you and your family,it is always great to meet new people and ride in new places.We also appreciate you saving a camp site for us and the others.

Pam[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2003, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the kind words about camping Derrick.. If I can fit it into a plastic tote I will have it! LOL We will be looking into a portable shower next.. I may have to rig something up with pvc pipe.. I think I can figure something out and keep it pretty cheap.. As for Michelle, I dont think there is anything else I can do (other than to buy a 40 motor home) to get her to sleep well enough to camp more then one night at a time. LOL It rained a bit today, trails would be good tomorrow.. Im stuck on overtime for the next 80 hours.... So no riding for me..

We may head to the dunes the 17th-19th Sun, Mon, tues this month if anyone is interested.. Or maybe we can meet at the Tahuyah trip on Sunday and get a ride/cook-out in before everyone leaves! Either way I want to get all the camping in we can before school starts!

After riding Nicks EX, I've been looking at them a little more. Congrads on the sale of the bike.. Do you remember the road we went to with the gate at night? Its easy to get around and goes to the same spot we all rode the next day. Would be a nice ride for Pam.

Hey Pam, nice nickname! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] LOL

Kevin D

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Old PSAR thread - please see the new one