Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Wisconsin - Clark County & Black River Falls STATUS as of 8/3/03

Old 08-04-2003, 10:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wisconsin - Clark County & Black River Falls

Went riding yesterday (8/3/03) in both places.

BRF - Did the south loop in the morning. Trails on the south loop were in excellent condition, and very fun to ride.

I did the north runs at BRF two weeks ago and they were terrible. Nothing was groomed, and I may have well just done a downhill ski on a mogul course. After 10 miles of that stuff, I and the riders I was with had enough of it. We did go all the way to Pray that day 2 weeks ago, so it's not like we did not give it a fair shake.

Clark County - We rode these trails in the afternoon after leaving BRF. These trails were in EXCELLENT! condition, and to date my favorite place to ride. It had rained, so there was NO dust, and all trails were groomed perfectly. ALL trails that we encountered were open, and one of those had recently been closed on our last visit. Since we did not do the whole day there, could not say 100% that everything was open. If you do sport riding as I do, I appreciate power sliding the long turns there. Even if you don't ride sport, there was enough mud there to play in, as I did get stuck once and had to be towed out, as did another member of our party. The sky also decided to let loose a deluge of rain upon us, making it all that much more interesting.

One other thing, if you are coming up from the south, take exit 105 off of Interstat 94 and follow the signs for 12/27. Normally you can take the BRF 116 exit and shortcut to Clark County via 12/27, but the bridge is out, so take exit 105 and follow the signs. When you get to Hwy 10 intersection, take a right, and there is a great parking area about 10 miles down on the left. Puts your right in the middle of the Clark County trail system.

It was a fun day, and I just wanted to let anyone visiting this forum the latest status of the trails we were on.

Have a great ride, and a great day folks.

Honkin