Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Badlands this weekend the 16th and 17th

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 10:42 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Badlands this weekend the 16th and 17th

Hahaha, either you are too slow, or I am too fast...already saw your reply!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Sounds like an awesome place. I am sure my husband will be looking into it, especially since we can do an over nighter...he loves those! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Great job on description and feedback! I wanna go!!!!! hahaha

Later,
L

Old 08-25-2003, 10:52 AM
Range Rover

I am slow today, That's for sure! Hell I am still sore from riding!
So you liked Cheese? I like that place too. It's great for the family rides... We are thinking of hitting the big Club ride/party in Sept.

Old 08-25-2003, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

Hi Braty,

I just wanted to let everyone know that the badlands IS a great place for the kids . My son and I go at least once a month or so. We ride the woods, the dunes, everything. We have never encountered any problems. Althought there are idiots EVERYWHERE you go, we do not let them stop us from enjoying ourselves. It would be a terrible existance if we did. We always use caution and ride close together, but the badlands is no different from the cheese country trail. In fact, I would have to say the badlands is safer due to the fact the cheese trail is only 10 foot wide, and when one of those idiots comes flying by, you only have a few feet to manuever. Personally, I have been to the badlands about 30 or so times in the last 5 years, and my son has accompanied me about 15 of those. I just dont want people in here to get the wrong impression of the place my son loves very much, and will continue to enjoy probably for the rest of his life. I wouldnt want anyone to have their kids miss out on something because of one persons opinion. My son is 7 years old, and has been riding since he was 3, on several differect machines. His first trip to the badlands was when he was 4. Now he has always been ahead of the game when it comes to his physical ability. He was walking at 8 months, and riding a bicycle at 1 1/2 years without training wheels. So I am not saying it is safe for everyone to take their 4 year old to a riding park, im only speaking of my own expierience. This is only my opinion, and I am not trying to start a discussion about kids being to young, but just trying to let people know, this place is great for the whole family.

DStroyer

Old 08-25-2003, 10:58 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: rhinhd
So you liked Cheese? I like that place too. It's great for the family rides... We are thinking of hitting the big Club ride/party in Sept.
Didn't hear about that. When...who....?

Sore? hahaha, does somebody need a softer seat? hahah o.k...just kidding. I will assume it's the rest of yor body. Makes ya feel old doesn't it?! But the pleasure of feeling young when you ride is well worth it!
L

Old 08-25-2003, 11:01 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: DStroyer
Hi Braty,

I just wanted to let everyone know that the badlands IS a great place for the kids . My son and I go at least once a month or so. We ride the woods, the dunes, everything. We have never encountered any problems. Althought there are idiots EVERYWHERE you go, we do not let them stop us from enjoying ourselves. It would be a terrible existance if we did. We always use caution and ride close together, but the badlands is no different from the cheese country trail. In fact, I would have to say the badlands is safer due to the fact the cheese trail is only 10 foot wide, and when one of those idiots comes flying by, you only have a few feet to manuever. Personally, I have been to the badlands about 30 or so times in the last 5 years, and my son has accompanied me about 15 of those. I just dont want people in here to get the wrong impression of the place my son loves very much, and will continue to enjoy probably for the rest of his life. I wouldnt want anyone to have their kids miss out on something because of one persons opinion. My son is 7 years old, and has been riding since he was 3, on several differect machines. His first trip to the badlands was when he was 4. Now he has always been ahead of the game when it comes to his physical ability. He was walking at 8 months, and riding a bicycle at 1 1/2 years without training wheels. So I am not saying it is safe for everyone to take their 4 year old to a riding park, im only speaking of my own expierience. This is only my opinion, and I am not trying to start a discussion about kids being to young, but just trying to let people know, this place is great for the whole family.

DStroyer

Hey Dstroyer.....I probably should have been more clear. For older kids, Badlands is great, with the right supervision and as long as a child has the correct ability. Our 11 yaer old can handle Badlands...but we have a 5 and 6 years old...No Badlands....Cheesetrails, yes, not by themselves, but double riding with us......and for a romantic,fun date with a spouse or partner..either place would be nice..although I would prefer Badlands, because we do over nighters.

All in all...each family is different and all kids have different levels of skill....if you are unsure about a place for the family, check it out first for yourself...that is what we do! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Have a good one!
L

Old 08-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

What day/ time is the big club ride in Sept at Cheese Country?

DStroyer- Where did THAT come from? I didn't see anybody adminishing you and yours for going to Badlands? Did I miss something? If your child is capable of folowing safety standards and common sense, then more power to you!

Good for you for!

Old 08-25-2003, 11:18 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Braty

Sore? hahaha, does somebody need a softer seat? hahah o.k...just kidding. I will assume it's the rest of yor body. Makes ya feel old doesn't it?! But the pleasure of feeling young when you ride is well worth it!
L
Braty, Did you just call me old? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think the ride is on the weekend of the 6th. I will check into it and get back to ya.

And DS I don't think she was bad mouthing Badlands, just giving her opion (as you did) and what her kids think. It's great your kid loves badlands and god willing I will someday be able to bring a child of mine there so they can love it or hate it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I saw some pretty young kids on Dirtbikes this weekend at Bong and it amazes to see em so young crusing around the trails!

Old 08-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

I knew this was going to happen!!

I wasnt bad mouthing anyone for their opinions. I was just letting people who have never been there, and there are quite a few in this forum, know that this place isnt bad for kids. On several occasions, braty has implied that this particular place isnt a great place for kids. (not exact words, but same meaning). Im not defending the park, I dont own the park, but it is fun for the kids. Thats all. Just my opinion.

DStroyer

Old 08-25-2003, 11:47 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Braty

L
Braty, Did you just call me old? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think the ride is on the weekend of the 6th. I will check into it and get back to ya.

And DS I don't think she was bad mouthing Badlands, just giving her opion (as you did) and what her kids think. It's great your kid loves badlands and god willing I will someday be able to bring a child of mine there so they can love it or hate it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I saw some pretty young kids on Dirtbikes this weekend at Bong and it amazes to see em so young crusing around the trails!
Haha, call you old? Never!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You are only as old as you feel!

And DS...I love Badlands!!!! It is my first choice for riding...so far!

Old 08-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Range Rover

DS it's all good! And I wish I owned Badlands! I still have to get out there, never been. How is it in the fall. My family has a place just north of Monticell and thats only 40 miles away so I can spend the night there. Funny how I haven't been there yet...

Quick Reply: Badlands this weekend the 16th and 17th