Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Badlands this weekend the 16th and 17th

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Badlands this weekend the 16th and 17th

My wife and I will be taking our son to the Badlands this weekend for one last trip before school starts. We will be there on Sat. morning, and will be staying at a hotel in Laffayette, then heading back on Sunday for some more riding. If anyone would like to join us there, this will be just a relaxing trip for the kids. We always park up top behind the registration office, right next to the kids flat track. We will have a silver chevy 1 ton truck with 4 doors, and a 14 foot flat bed trailer. I ride a DS650, my wife has a green V-force, and my son rides a Yellow Suzuki Lt80.

Dstroyer

Old 08-14-2003, 11:29 AM
Range Rover

Hey DS,
Sorry but I am not going to be able to make it. Just got the Wife her 1st ATV! She is so freakin happy too. Well to make a long story short. Gotta get a hitch installed, pickup the new trailer then pick up my quad from the dealer (break in inspection). I am doing all this saturday morning so I figure by the time I am done, it will be to late to get down to badlands [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] . I think we will head out to Cheese for her first time out on the quad (let her get used to it). Anyway have a great time... I want to hookup with you and the rest of the club one of these days!

Old 08-14-2003, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Damn! If you had given us more notice, we would have meet you there! That's too bad too. We would really like ot meet up with some of you guys, especially for the kids!

Hey, is this the only trip for the kids you will be taking for the rest of the year?

Old 08-14-2003, 12:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'll be there on Saturday for my first time. I'll be looking for you DStroyer to stop by and say hi.

Old 08-14-2003, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

USMC,

No, this is not are only trip for the rest of the year. We will probably go to Fox Valley a few more times, and Im sure we will get down to the badlands at least once more in October. How old are the kids? What do they ride? Im sure we can get together sometime soon. Just let me know when your heading out for a trip. Its pretty easy for us to get away.

Thanks,

DStroyer

Old 08-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

I love badlands and you will have a blast!

Just be careful! The last time we were there we saw (and this is only what WE saw) two people get really hurt. One was carried out by ambulance and the other endo'd a brand new Rincon on top on himself (completely bent the entire rear rack under intself when it landed on his back!) The guy insisted he was OK, except that he could not see anything but white spots, had severe pelvic pain and everytime he stood up- would fall down. On top of all this, he insisted he was OK.

Regardles, be careful! There is everything from extremly fun and simple to extremely dangerous and stupid.

Old 08-14-2003, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

My 12 year old rides a 03 Pred 90
I ride a Modded 02 Scrambler 500 4x4 (soon to get a Predator)
The wife rides a 03 Trailboss 330 (Soon to get the modded Scrammy)

The rest of our crew are 5 & 6 and although they are fully willing to go to Badlands, I am not willing to bring them yet! Haha.

How old is your crew and what do you ride?

Have not been to FOx valley, as it doesnt seem worth the $20 per person with only 20 miles? of trails. We are heading to Cheese county trails soon and often ride the farms in the off season near Huntley.

As for bad lands, we definately have one more trip planned in early/ mid fall (after I get the predator and mod for trails?) and will let you know. Otherwise, keep us updated on your trips!

Old 08-14-2003, 02:49 PM
Range Rover

I concur! We would love to hook up with you guys.

We are running up to Bong on Saturday, so someone can convince himself that he will be happy driving a manual clutch so he can get the Pred!.....Cheese trails next weekend...Rhinhd, let us know if it is what you think!

Badlands is defintiely a great place to ride....especially when there are not many other places!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-15-2003, 12:01 AM
Trailblazer

I'll be there on the 16th, there are going to be four or five of us. We'll be in a white s-10 and a red F-150 and i dunno about the third vehicle. We'll have the Prairie, a 400ex, 2 Z400's and a sportsman 500. Hope to se you there

Old 08-15-2003, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

Braty,Have you been to Bong before? You do realize that its about the size of my backyard dont you?
DStroyer, trying to convince the wife to go this weekend to Badlands. Will be tough, considering I have to work saturday.

Quick Reply: Badlands this weekend the 16th and 17th