Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 06:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Yep, I just asked Shane if he wanted to go, he said yes, so looks like it might be a pretty good trip.. lol.. hes over there right now trying to hook some speakers up in somebodys truck.. amp says "protect" on it, doesnt look good.. I told him to try another amp, I think that one is toast.
Well, I guess well see you that weekend.
Just need to figure out the "menu" for our adventure. Thank God for generators and microwaves.

Old 01-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

Tell Shane Deauxboy says hello!!!!

Old 01-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is any one ridding this weekend? We are looking for a good place to ride that has more than 5 people. We have been riding out at LA Dunes but it is high priced, just sand, no trails and no people. Come rain or shine we are going to ride some where but we just need some insite on places to go that are not expensive and are worth driving for

Old 01-22-2004, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Fellow Louisianaians I am looking for a 1999-2003 Yamahaw 350 Warrior for sale in the price range of $2000 for my mom.
It needs to be in Louisiana so we could go look at it before buying.So if anybody has one for sale that lives in LA I would be interested.
Thanx...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

you can check out my pics from the Enduro Camp http://www.krawdaddy.net/atv/enduro.htm

My wife, dad and I all went in August. It was really dusty. Just lots of trails through the woods. Good luck finding your way around, the trails are marked, but not well IMO. There are tons of trails going off of the main ones. Take a GPS if you have one. When we went, the JRTC was maneuvering and I swear, they have some kind of GPS jamming or something. I could never keep a signal [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Don't ride on the roads or where you shouldn't, if the rangers see you, they usually aren't nice [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I only live a few miles from there. Well, my parents do, I live down here in this hellhole called New Orleans now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Also, I'm not sure of this, but they may have the same rules as Claiborne, about the rain and closing and all. May want to call first. It is part of Kisatchie Natl' Forrest.

Old 01-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

bumpity bump bump bump [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

I think we are driving to the la dunes in the morning suposed to be sunny and 65

Old 01-24-2004, 09:56 PM
Trailblazer

just got back from riding what we lovingly call MS Dunes in Perkinston, MS and let me tell you, it ruled!!!

Its not quite as big as LA Dunes, maybe 250-300 acres versus LA dunes about 400. The hills are very steep, some are even pretty tall and steep. Found a few that were truly vertical at the top. (didnt even attempt to go up those).

The sand is pretty course, just like LA dunes, but its the same deal, ex rock quarry turned into sand play ground.

The usual drag races etc etc. It even has lakes kinda like LA Dunes.

Its privately owned, and we ride there without fear of being kicked off. The owner doesnt want to give "permission" per se, but he wont run us off so long as we dont trash the place.

Parking is a little tight, but not the end of the world by any means. I hope to get some pics up tonight or tomorrow.

for being free, and half the drive of going to LA dunes, I'll take this place over LA dunes anyday. Heck, even if they charged its still better.

Old 01-24-2004, 11:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Tell us more, Where is it located, Does it have camping areas, Any electrical hook ups?

Old 01-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer

its near a town called perkinston, ms. Its an old rock quarry and the sand is whats left over. very similiar to how LA Dunes (aka dunes inc) is.

No power, no water, no nothing. again, its private land, but the owner doesnt care one way or the other. if things get out of hand or ppl start trashing the place, then he simply closes the gate and no one rides anymore.

We are going to go again Mardi Gras DAY, so if you wanna join us, check out the trailblazers forums for all the gory details.

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!