Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

If any of you nutcases are planning to ride ANYWHERE along the Comite this weekend, PLEASE call me so I can come with my camcorder and the coast guard. LOL.. I dont even think all the ROADS will be open by tommorrow morning the way the water is rising around here..

Old 02-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

KajunATVer, I talked to Shane earlier.I stopped by LA Cycles and talked to Cory. He said that they were meeting up at his business tomorrow to make plans to run the sand at Homichitta (I can't spell it) off of Hwy33 Sunday Morning. I am going to talk with him tomorrow and see if he has found out anything concerning what the conditions my be before I go and report back to Shane. I think Cory told me you new exactly where to go and could give directions. Cory advised that he just knew how to get there. He said something about the owners not carrying and sometimes they go out there and watch. I didn't ask but do you know if there is anywhere to park there legally without getting screwed with. If you think the conditions might not be good due to the recent rain then let me know at Seven5959@aol.com.
I will probably still be in line to catch up with yall when the next trip is planned to Fort Polk.

Old 02-07-2004, 02:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

KajunATVer, Jeff, when ever the water gets right me and a friend of mine have a blast on the beaches between Deerford and and Dyer road. His sister's husband ownes some good acreage which stretches out behind their home which is down Charleston of off Dyer. When you hit the beach from the property, your approximately 6 miles from either bridge the way the river snakes back and forth. Nice place and fun to ride. I am probably going to go out there tomorrow mudding for a while since the water is probably up. Sometimes when it is up, the beach is still pretty big and we have made a route to the next beach towards Dyer rd which is also pretty big. When the water is right you can get from beach to beach easily even on a sport quad because you can see the bottom all the way across and alot of the time when you get to the middle of the river it might be ankle deep. I learned that LSU owns alot of that property out there and I am looking for another place to have access to that property. I have never parked at either of the bridges to get out and ride because people break in and mess with your vehicle and or if people are there, most of the time it is a bunch of miss fits getting cracked up or drunk and I can't subject myself to that due to the work I do I would get in trouble beating someones **** down there. I have road up under the bridges before when no one has been there and its nothing but trash, beer bottles, and just about anything you can think of spray painted around there. It's nice just having somewhere to park and access the beachs from someone's property where you can park at their house and not have to worry about your truck or trailer. Right now it's pretty much a slop back there so we are going to have to break out the utility quads and get dirty. If you are Shane know someone that might want a 660r raptor, I ran across one today that the guy has that is a 2003, it's red and white, and all he wants is 4800. He also has some mods to it along with extra stuff that was to much for me to remember... Later for now

Old 02-07-2004, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Badittude, I could be wrong but I have camped many of times at Flint Creek in Wiggins MS which I was told was not far from red creek. I may be wrong about Red Creeks location but Flint Creek is a nice place to stay to be closer to it. Maybe some of us can rent a cabin there together to cut down on cost and then that would be a great location like I said if Red creek is near wiggins. It's gotta be closer than driving from here. You probably know where I am talking about if you and the family has just done some camping.

Old 02-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Trailblazer

I'd like to check out this comite river ride this summer. I can do sportbike or 4x4 riding since I have both.

Wiggins *IS* very close to redcreek. Also MS Dunes is in the general vicinity and so is Scenic Trails. There is like a cluster of rides between wiggins, Kiln, and Perkinston, MS.

ALSO!!

I just found out there is some pavement drags and some dirt drags coming up that are close to us. www.atvdra.com is doing an 1/8th mile pavement race in Prentis, MS on the 22nd of Feb. Also every Sunday you can race at Hub City (Hattiesburg) all day long against the street cars.

Old 02-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer

Does anyone ever go to Holly Beach? I havnt been there in over a year. Just wondering if riding is still allowed. I live in breaux bridge. Anyone have any riding spots around this area? Only place I really know is the Levee and most of it is closed to riding now. Thanks, Patrick

Old 02-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

i am also a atv'r that is looking for a family oriented place to ride.......let me know if i can help!

Old 02-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer

I cant help GETUSUMM as he is way over in Laf. He might be better off going towards claiborne/polk/enduro trials.

Z4 is close enough to ride at the bonnet carre spillway tho! Check out www.sltrailblazers.org .

Old 02-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Trailblazer

Actually I think I would rather go to bonnet spillway rather than the dunes. I think the spillway is about the same difference. It take me almost 2 hours to get to the dunes. I havnt been to the spillway, but I can drive to the N.O. airport in 1hour 45 mins. Are there noise regulations at the spillway?

Old 02-07-2004, 02:57 PM
Trailblazer

if you can get to the airport in 1:45, then you can get to the spillway in about 1:50. Take I-10 to the Boutte/Houma exit (hiway 310 i think) and take the first exit onto 61 to Norco. You'll go about 5 miles (if that) and the spillway will be on your left at the top of the levee. Dont follow the signs to the Spillway OFFICE as you will end up at the river.

You could prolly also get on 61 in LaPlace and that would keep you from doubling back by going to the airport.

There is a flat kids training area, a kids MX track up to 90cc's and a kids atv/go-cart track. the rest of area-1 is more for hte bigger bikes, and area-2 is STRICTLY mud bikes right now. Wait till it dries out some this summer before venturing area-2.

as for noise restrictions, if there is one (probably the usual 99 dB's) it is not enforced. There are some loud bikes out there on occasion.

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!