Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

So Cal. - Cactus Flats

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So Cal. - Cactus Flats

LMAO!!

Old 02-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Just4Kicks, feel free to join us. The more the better. Sometimes a few of us head out toward the Palm Springs area, so that might be real close for you.

Old 02-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

All this talk about Cactus Flats makes me want to take a Jeep trip to Pioneertown. Its been years, and its cold out for atvs.

Old 02-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Range Rover

I like the idea of pre-placed fuel. Sounds more like a ride for the high gound clearance 4x4 ATV's? I have skid plates on my Raptor and a GPS, if someone can post the route i'd be happy to make a quick map on CAD (computer aided drafting) here at work for the rest of us that can't make the ride. Man what a ride that would be, Pioneertown all the way to Crab Flats [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

Just4Kicks,
Do you know if it's legal to ride northeast of Copper mountian (where that big sand hill is)? I thought i'd ask you with you being a local, im sure you have rode there and the nearby dry lake bed off of Sunfair and Broadway in Yucca Valley? I went there once and didnt get a chance to explore all the riding area [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-06-2004, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: eman4000
Man what a ride that would be, Pioneertown all the way to Crab Flats [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Speekin of long rides........When are we gonna do the Barstow to Laughlin thing?

Old 02-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Well I just got back from exploring the Cactus Flats to Pioneertown rd (3N03). I was suprised to see that much snow still on the ground. Still a fun 4X4 run. And you can ride atvs along the majority of the trail, and still many side trails that they have not "erased". Many little side trails have been covered up with branches, new plantings, fences and "sensitive area" signs. But it seems that you go a couple of miles to the east and the side trails are ok and open. I guess their not as sensitive. We found "Judy Kays" old cabin near the mines. (it still has her name on it). Still many mines to check out, but as many to go into. I will go back again.

Old 02-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

You know, many of those "sensitive" plants around the staging area were not indigenous. They were planted there, and then declared "sensitive", and then the area closed off. Yesireee, the eco-nuts can work backwards, if necessary.

Old 02-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

Thats great. They create sensitive areas.(?)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: WileyCoyote
You know, many of those "sensitive" plants around the staging area were not indigenous. They were planted there, and then declared "sensitive", and then the area closed off. Yesireee, the eco-nuts can work backwards, if necessary.
I wonder if they plant cactus in places like minnesota and Alaska.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: So Cal. - Cactus Flats