Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Is anyone planning a ride at coal creek,Tenn.?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2004, 01:59 AM
hc
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is anyone planning a ride at coal creek?

Is anyone going to coal creek say in March or April? We are trying to plan our frist trip there sometime in the next Month are so.

Old 02-15-2004, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Is anyone planning a ride at coal creek,Tenn.?

I think they're having their bubba fest the 3 week of april. If we can get the quad hauler together by then we'll be there for that. A whole weekend of quad activities. It may be the 22nd. I'm web impaired so I cant give you the site but I think it is the windrock atv club.

Old 02-15-2004, 12:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

You will like Coal Creek. My husband and I are members of the Windrock ATV club there in Oak Ridge, Tn. The trails are well marked and the maps are very good. It costs $10.00 a day or $50.00 a year to ride the area. Parking is free and very safe. There is free primitive camping or full hookups for a nominal fee. Lots of motels and restaurants nearby. Trails are easy, moderate, difficult and extreme. Dirt bikes, atv's, jeeps, railers, etc are all allowed. Mostly four-wheelers are on the trails. You will have a good time. Everyone is nice and helpful.

Old 02-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Range Rover

is coal creek in oak ridge, tn.. im interested in finding a new place to ride besides LBL and from the map oak ridge is closer to me then LBL can anyone else give me some more info on this riding area???

Old 02-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

Windrock (Coal Creek) is in Oliver Springs. It's around 5 miles from Oak Ridge. It's 72,000 acres. You would have a hard time finding a better place to ride. We gave up riding in Michigan to ride there. Since the first time we went in April 02, I've been 21 times. Amongst my family of 5, we've rode around 20,000 miles there. I've yet to tire of the place. We ride with a guy from Nashville. He's been to LBL. He says that's a decent place to go, but it's no comparison to Windrock. You could see LBL in a couple days or so. It would take many trips to duplicate that at Windrock. It's just a great place to ride. We take our motorhome down and stay for longer trips. We had two three week stays last year. The scenery is beautiful. The riding is awesome. Most of the people are some of the nicest you'd ever want to meet. I'd highly recommend a trip there.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Scott

Old 02-16-2004, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

I think LBL is about an 1 1/2 hrs from Oak Grove Ky, and OakRidge is
probably about 4 hrs from Oak Grove Ky,,

Oak Ridge is Near Koxville

Coal Creak

Old 02-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

We are going to be there April 28th through May 3rd. We're trying to avoid the crowded jamboree weekend.

Old 02-16-2004, 05:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Scott,
We have ridden with you, Ashley, and everybody else in your camper at Windrock. We all rode back in the fall with Wally, Herb, Debbie and about 8 other regulars. Good seeing you on this forum!

Butch & Kris
Atlanta, GA

Old 02-16-2004, 06:04 PM
hc
Range Rover

Thanks for the replys. <FONT face=Verdana size=1>ATVnBabe, Is there any motels that you can just ride your atv from and get on a trail without having to
hual them?

</FONT>

Old 02-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Hello Kris,

Yes, I remember that ride. It was a good one, as usual. My Mom, Dad, Ashley and Joshua are supposed to be there tomorrow for a few days. I am VERY jealous.

Hey HC,

There are no motels like that. If you have a motorhome or a tent, you can stay on the grounds. That's the main reason we bought our motorhome. The nearest hotel is around 5 miles away, so plan on hauling them. If you do go on a weekend, it helps to get there early. Especially if the weather is nice. The parking lot fills up quick.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!

Scott

Quick Reply: Is anyone planning a ride at coal creek,Tenn.?