Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Camping/Riding in Minnesota or Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camping/Riding in Minnesota or Wisconsin

A group of us from work went to Hatfeild Wisconsin this past spring. It is on the same trail system as Black River Falls. We stayed at an awsom campgrounds called Russell Memorial Park. We camped with full hookup 50-75 feet from the trail. Lots of good fun riding in both directions from camp. A gas station a few blocks from camp and a good steak house within walking distance of camp. There # is 715-333-7948.

Old 10-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
The best place in the region is Biwabik Mn - 15 or so miles east of Gilbert. The city owned campground on the east end of town is beautiful, wooded, clean, and about as good as it gets. You are allowed to ride in/out of the campground. Be respectful. Noisy, drunk, loud music, recklessness not welcomed. Police patroled camping area. The trails north of town are about as good as it gets this side of the Rocky Mountains. Their are old iron ore mines now full of water - and fish. Bring your fishing poles as the lake and the mines are fun to fish. The trails can be agressive and confusing at times. Many have spent more time then expected getting back to camp. A GPS is a really good idea. Tent and RV areas. The hosts there are about as friendly as anyone can hope for but don't cause any trouble as you will be tossed out. (word to the wise). They have great showers, boat landing, beach, fire wood etc. And... its about a 1/2 mile walk to town along a lighted pathway with some of the best bars and food you'll find anywhere in the area. Stay off the RR tracks as the trains go through there pretty fast and the local cops will bust your butt in a heartbeat. Be cool and enjoy some of the best ATV'ing for hundreds of miles.
I am gonna have to agree that this is a great area to ride. I am not real familiar with the specific park he is talking about. I believe it is a good park as almost all of them in this area are.

Another thing to think about is the Fairly new atv park in Gilbert. As far as I know it is the biggest in the state. I have been there many times since my parents house is five minutes away. I think anyone that hasn't seen it, it is worth there while. There are also trails to all the town around the area, including biwabik.

Hope this helps,

Ryan

Old 10-26-2004, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A very nice place in northern Wisconsin is the Iron River area, my son and I have stayed at a camp ground called Tri Lake Timbers, great sites, RV and tent, also cabins to rent. Drive right from you site to the trail, you can ride to town on the trail that parallells Hwy 2, and there are many side trails that branch off, you can ride all day without crossing the same place if you want.