Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Camping/Riding in Minnesota or Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camping/Riding in Minnesota or Wisconsin

I am starting to plan some camping trips for this summer & looking for campgriounds in Minnesota & Wisconsin with electric/water hookups that let you ride from them to the trails. Thanks...

Old 03-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Wisconsin area

I heard about this from a friend and I guess it is an excelent place to stay

Old 03-22-2004, 02:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Im not sure about the water and electric, but nemadji has camp grounds right in the middle of the riding area.
Theres a campground by danbury,wi, again, im not sure about elec and water. i know around black river falls, there are campgrounds.
Sorry i couldnt give more specifics, but i dont do the camping thing, so i dont pay much attention to it.

Old 03-25-2004, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

I kind of like the area around Birchwood, WI, Mike&Jans Northstar resort is nice, Right on trail.

Old 04-14-2004, 09:28 PM
Range Rover

There is a nice campground in Black River falls, and the trail is located like 100 feet froim the trailhead, and from there u can preaty much go all the way to wasau and stevens point, and all around

Old 05-01-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

The best place in the region is Biwabik Mn - 15 or so miles east of Gilbert. The city owned campground on the east end of town is beautiful, wooded, clean, and about as good as it gets. You are allowed to ride in/out of the campground. Be respectful. Noisy, drunk, loud music, recklessness not welcomed. Police patroled camping area. The trails north of town are about as good as it gets this side of the Rocky Mountains. Their are old iron ore mines now full of water - and fish. Bring your fishing poles as the lake and the mines are fun to fish. The trails can be agressive and confusing at times. Many have spent more time then expected getting back to camp. A GPS is a really good idea. Tent and RV areas. The hosts there are about as friendly as anyone can hope for but don't cause any trouble as you will be tossed out. (word to the wise). They have great showers, boat landing, beach, fire wood etc. And... its about a 1/2 mile walk to town along a lighted pathway with some of the best bars and food you'll find anywhere in the area. Stay off the RR tracks as the trains go through there pretty fast and the local cops will bust your butt in a heartbeat. Be cool and enjoy some of the best ATV'ing for hundreds of miles.

Old 05-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the information given so far....Any more spots???????????:

Trending Topics

Old 10-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

HAVE U TRIED ST CROIX HAVEN. NICE PLACE TO RIDE AND CAMP FULL HOOKUPS AND NICE TRAILS. JUST EAST OF WI ON 48 FROM HINKLEY TURN LEFT INTO STATE FOREST B-4 RIVER BRIDGE. I WOULD ALSO RECOMEND TRYING THE TUBING THERE A GREAT FUN WAY TO CLEAN THE DUST AND MUD OFF NICE SANDY BOTTOM RIVER 3-5 FEET DEEP JUST ABOUGHT AS MUCH FUN AS GETTING DIRTY. JUST BOUGHT 2 2005 KODIAK 450 AND LOVE CAMPING WITH MY 5TH WHEEL IF YOU HAVE ANY GOOD PLACES LET ME KNOW.

Old 10-22-2004, 12:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks ramsey,we are going there this weekend.Have 4 families camping & wheeling together.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

SOUNDS LIKE FUN. BUT I WOULD SKIP THE TUBING! LOOKING TO MAKE PLANS FOR NEXT YEAR ANY PLACE U WOULD RECOMEND FOR A 4-5 DAY TRIP IN MN OR WI.

Quick Reply: Camping/Riding in Minnesota or Wisconsin