Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Plaistow this weekend 17th/18th

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plaistow this weekend 17th/18th

Derek where did you hear it wasn't legal? People at work call it brucker brow or something and say atvs have been riding there for years.

Mike

Old 04-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Well it's not on the list of legal places to ride in NH. Brandy brow is the name of the place. If it was the EPA and they chased Jeff it's not Legal. My question is this if it was the EPA there is no way they would of got the quads loaded without getting caught unless they had really slow quads [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. Jeff how did you know it was the EPA?

Old 04-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

I'm still going anyway. Mike are you going? I'll be there Sunday early.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

I'm going 4 wheeling with the tacoma club this weekend and bringing my ATV for a buddy to ride. They haven't decided on a day yet though. If we go Sat I'll be in plaistow on Sun. Does anyone know who owns this place, is it the junkyard? I can give them a call and ask if it is legal or not.

Mike

Old 04-12-2004, 10:39 PM
Pro Rider

NEVER NEVER call anyone. Why you ask it sets off alarms to them to bust us. There is a legel issue here whoever owns this place is not going to tell it is ok to ride there because if somone got hurt the word LAWSUIT comes into play. Just play DUMB as i am going to do if I get caught. They will just tell you you can not ride here.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

Good point!!

Old 04-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

03Sportsman,

Are you going? I usually ride with mike, Eric & his friends and family it is a blast. Head up Sunday. I going for sure [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

I don't know I probably will but I got one ticket this year already and don't want a 2 one... If I do go I will bring 1 or 2 more people...

Pat

Old 04-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Range Rover

well, this wasnt in the place we ride. its across the street. If you go throght the river with the beaver dam. bear right after that river and go the the road. cross the road and on the other side is the merrimac state forest. in there is where we got caught. Before all this happened we were in the main sand pit and we were talking toa couple of people that live right next to one of the gates, who were on their atvs. I asked about the epa and he said they do come in there and bust *****. He said if you are not registered they will give you a fine and might tow it. If you are registered you might get a fine and you might not. The main sand pit is merrimac mass. The only part that is plaistow is the mian gate where we park and about 50 feet into the woods. The guy said that the EPA usually comes down for a weekend. They will pull up in a big huge 4x4 pickup truck with about 6 quads on a trailor. They will unload right in the main sand pit and just ride around bustin *****. Even though its not a legal place to ride being registered will just make it look a little better. Im not gonna go there anymore till im registered. just to be on the safe side. the guy said he got stopped a couple times with his son and got his machine towed. and he lives right there. The local police arent bad, its the state police and the EPA especially.
jeff

Old 04-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

I've got all my machines registered in NH so I guess that will help. It's expensive to register them now because you guys live in Mass. I think they hit you for an extra 10.00 per quad. I pretty sure you will pay 70.00 dollers out of state. Call Hudson Cycle Center to find out. I would wait till July 1st to register also as ALL renewals are then. That is a long time to park the Quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]. Jeff let me know if you go anywhere differnt..

Derek

Quick Reply: Plaistow this weekend 17th/18th