Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

live in N. Mass, need some help on reg. and riding

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 02:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default live in N. Mass, need some help on reg. and riding

HI, kinda new to all this, but i live inNorhtern Mass, and will be riding mostly in maine, occasionalyy NH, and am looking for places in MA.

I just got a brand Kodiak 450, so i am wondering about were to register it? Do i have to be registered in each state to ride in them legally?

And are there any legal spots (both public and private) that i can i ride in North -eastern ma (i live near salem), at least until i get the bike broken in?

Old 04-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

You can register it at he registry of motor vehicles which you need to do unless you ride it soley on your property, not sure about those states though I live at the other end of the state and am pretty new to this too. I know when I brought it to VT. ice fishing I went to their registry site and found info. there that I didn't have to register it. hope this helps and good luck.

Old 04-19-2004, 08:44 AM
Range Rover

Rosebud,where is there riding in Vermont ? I am looking for new areas to ride and it seems that Mass is trying harder to stop the riding of ATV's on state owned land.
Cleve

Old 04-19-2004, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

I believe that you need to register your quad in each state in order to ride there, legally. In VT, there are other options. I beleive that if you belong to a club and are a VASA member, you don't have to register it. Problem up there is that you need liability insurance. I haven't been able to find any that was a decent price. Had a couple people in the club go up to Maine and they needed to be registered up there also.

As far as registering in Mass, make sure if you paid sales tax on the quad, that you bring your receipt. Otherwise, they will try and make you pay it again.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

To register in MA, you need to go to the nearest DMV...for me it was Worcester. They hit you with sales tax plus I believ $40 for 2 years which isn't bad. You basically need to register in every state you ride in. NH is easy, most boat/quad shops do the registrations. NH is pretty expensive at $75 per year but don't register till after June 1st because it goes from June-June.

Old 04-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Ride the rockingham trial that is legal.. It is located in Windham and goes to fremont... Now I will tell you they say you can not park at the windham depot because it is closed. Here is what everyone is doing, park before the depot in the little lot you will see it. The trail is 18 miles long (straight easy riding) you will get bored. Now what you want to do is wait till july 1st to register in NH or it will expire in june like Quadder79 said. Just come ride with us in Plaistow I think you will like it there. Do a search or PM me for directions to there. Alot of guys from atv Connection ride there. Let me know if you need any more help...