Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for a place to ride and view the 'Fall Colors' (Minnesota/Wis)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a place to ride and view the 'Fall Colors' (Minnesota/Wis)

I'm more than likely going to be riding the weekend of october 2nd with some buddies from work and looking for suggestions. We all have utility bikes. Had a blast up at Gilbert and RedTop.. Looking for something different.

Old 08-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iron River, northern Wisconsin, is a beautiful area, in fact, they have a 'Fall Color Ride" in mid to late Sept., Don't know if much leaves will be left by October. There are a lot of nice places to stay, you can camp, or stay in town and access the trail right from the hotel parking lot. I've wanted to go back in the fall myself, there is a view point called Old Baldy that overlooks miles of rolling hills covered in a variety of trees, that would be an incredible sight. Plus, you can drive your ATV to Port Wing or other towns right on the shore of Lake Superior and look at the trees. You're only looking at a 50 mile trip from Duluth to get there, and hundreds of miles of trails.

Old 08-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Trailblazer

You could hit Snake Creek, just south of wabasha. There are some awesome views there, being right in the middle of bluff country. Dont know if the leaves will be turning there oct 2 or not though.

Old 08-13-2004, 06:38 AM
Pro Rider

If you havent checked out Red Dot in the fall its worth the trip. (Red DOT not Red Top) I went in early October last year and the scenery was awesome. It is not the most difficult terrain but it definitely has some nice vistas and overlooks of Lake Superior.

Old 08-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

snake creek and trout valley (they are withing 20 miles of each other) I personally have not been on them but I have heard that the are great trails. and as stated before they are in the middle of bluff country (if you dont know what a bluff is...it is a really big hill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]) I personally dont really see what the big hype is all about but then again I have lived here most of my life so I see it every year