Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Bauers Pit...do's and not do's

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bauers Pit...do's and not do's

Thx LEP7MM,will see ya their[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Any 1 going to the Pit this weekend????

Hey 101 post, Im now a Range Rover weeeeeeeeeeeeeee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-21-2004, 03:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've been wanting to go for a while now...just cant find the time...and my dad lives in faribault (also where the quads are) but I just have not had the time to get there...My dad and sister have been there once and they did not like it very much...but they are more of the mud bugs...It's kinda funny, I live about 20 miles from the snake creek trail (I think that is what it is called...along the missisip) and I have not been on that one...the only one I have been on is the soo line trail...and the side trails along there.

I dont see why people are so ignorant about things like the distruction of property on someone elses property and then just leaving it there. As stated above I think a beer or two would be alright after a ride, but having enough to make you act...hmm....rowdy lets just say, I think is rather excesive. I hope everyting gets streightend out because Atv'ers already have a bad rap, why push it even more?

Old 05-21-2004, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: MnFriesen
I live about 20 miles from the snake creek trail (I think that is what it is called...along the missisip) and I have not been on that one...

MnFriesen,were is this Snake Trail,never heard of it????

Also a Quote From MnFriesen,

As stated above I think a beer or two would be alright after a ride, but having enough to make you act...hmm....rowdy lets just say, I think is rather excesive. I hope everyting gets streightend out because Atv'ers already have a bad rap, why push it even more?

I Agree.................

Old 05-22-2004, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer

Snake creek is about 5-10 mins. south of Wabasha on Hi. 61. Its posted off the highway. Its a small trail system but its got some good elevation changes and some kick butt views.

Old 05-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SkiDood
Snake creek is about 5-10 mins. south of Wabasha on Hi. 61. Its posted off the highway. Its a small trail system but its got some good elevation changes and some kick butt views.
yepp...if you dont know where wabasha is its about 15-20 miles north of winona...

Old 09-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is there anything new with bauers pit?

Old 09-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer

My brother and I tried to ride there a couple of weeks ago and Roy and his son wouldn't let us. As usual Roy felt really bad about it. Roy said that the county was threatening him with legal action now that he is letting people ride there again. The son indicated that a local motor cycle shop was thinking about leasing the land from him to get the riding area open again. That's all I know.

Old 09-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

I can verify ATC83's information. Actually, now that Roy has started enforcing the "closing" of the pit, Dave (LEP7MM) and I just saw a group of dirtbikers riding at Tri-County. They stated that Roy wouldn't let him ride there, so they had to ride "somewhere". Just as anticipated, we are already seeing fallout from the county closing Bauer's. Not that it's really negative, _yet_, as I don't mind riding with dirt bikes, but legally, they're not supposed to be in there...

Oh, how I wish Rice County would look on POSITIVE ways to solve the lack-of-riding-area problem, instead of just closing off more areas, and then force some people to do it illegally... Morons... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]