Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Castle Rock - Hatfield McCoy trail heads

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Castle Rock - Hatfield McCoy trail heads

Went down to Wyoming County for the grand opening of the new trail head.
Review
Trails - Mostly Green Trails on right side of the map - trail layout pretty nice on the right side 23 take you up along a creek bed would be a nice place to plan a picnic if you were going to ride there for the day.
Left Side of the Map mostly blue (high numbered blues) and black. Lots of climbing on this side. Follows what seems to be a lot of old pipeline trails cut by the gas companies. I may be wrong but this is what it seems.

Trailhead Parking - Muddy if it rains
Trailhead - Not Completed at grand opening

Shared Road Use - There is a lot of this on the right side not so much on the left side of the map.

Overall - Some of the trails were difficult to ensure you were still on them but I am sure once they get worn in this will change. As some of the trails take you through grassy meadows and throught the woods and it seems sometimes you have gone off the intended path. Other than this the trails are awesome. We rode the entire right side in under four hours. To ride the whole system I believe would take about a day and a half.