Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Cincinnati area riders - WindRock 6/16-6/20

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 12:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cincinnati area riders - WindRock 6/16-6/20

Hey guys, I have been too busy to ride much lately but are going to camp and ride WindRock June 16-20. We will leave here late 6/15 and leave there early 6-20. We haven't even been to WNF yet this year! I need to get over there soon... One of the reasons, (other than work) I have been busy is we just adopded a new 2004 Foreman450es! Got a great deal in Chattanooga,TN. Beat the local dealers prices by at least $800!(AFTER fuel and tax!!) I have only got 16 miles on it and it needs to learn some trail manners! Anyone else want to ride, Kushman, eiger2, prairie650, 2kScram, others... ?

Old 06-03-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

You might know this already, but the ATVNation ride is that weekend at Windrock, its going to be pretty busy. Theres a big group from Lincoln Country Trailriders going down there for that ride, you'd be more then welcome to ride/camp with them. Not sure if I'll be able to make it, but it'll be a blast, theres more then enough room down there for everyone! If you want to find out more about the LCTR ride, go here-Lincoln Country Trailriders, check under planned rides.

Old 06-03-2004, 08:35 PM
Range Rover

Do not think I will be able to make it, I will be riding WNF the weekend of 11-12 June, then we are taking a family vacation at the end of june, (29-04) I was thinking about taking the prairie with me to tenn and ride at windrock or go find stone mtn rodney for a day.
Have fun if you go, maybe we will get together at WNF. you could take it to WNF and break it in.LOL.

congrats on the new ride.

Old 06-03-2004, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, that ride might just fit up my alley....I have to start a job this comming tuesday thats supposed to last about 8 to 10 days, that would put me right there. Never been to the Rock yet. I'll keep a close watch as to when my job will end. At this poiunt i'm gonna say hell yea

Old 06-04-2004, 12:10 AM
Range Rover

Diablo, Thanks for the heads up! I know about of the ATVN. ride that weekend but, that is when I can make it, so I'm a goin'. We were there the first weekend in May when they had the four wheeldrive thing and there were MANY,MANY people there, atv's and jeeps. Didn't seem crowded on the trails at all though.
------------------------------------

[quote]
Originally posted by: prairie650
... you could take it to WNF and break it in.LOL.
q]

I would but, due to major computer problems at the dealership, I don't have the correct paperwork to pay the taxes on it yet. I called today and they said they would send it out today or tomorrow. My guess is it will take another week or so to get straightened out. And I can't get the OHV sticker until I pay the tax. Other than that, I would be there for at least one day this weekend or next. I WILL be over there sometime soon though.
------------------------------------
kushman, Keep in touch.

Old 06-04-2004, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

gergb
the job isn't going to last that long, so that week would be no problem at all...if anything i can hit thru the week better than i can the weekend. but we'll see..

You already have a camp spot to go to or what

kushman

Old 06-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Range Rover

kushman, Glad to hear it may work for you. We usually camp at the base of the mountain in the free camping area. There are quite a few sites that have good shade or sun if you like. As we will arrive on late Tues. evening or very early am Wed. I do not expect a problem finding a good spot. I would hope we will get there before most of the weekenders. (hope I'm not wrong)
I guess I should remind you, there is no water,(other than the creek) electric, or bathrooms, just so ya know. There is a pay campground a 2 mile quad ride away that has portolets and water. Oliver Springs is only about 5 miles away.
How do you camp? We sleep in our cargo trailer and our Golden Labrador does security duty. At about 100 lbs. he tends to discourage any varmits in the night, or daytime for that matter!

Old 06-05-2004, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

gergb
if i come down it will definitly be early in the week, 15 or 16, save me a spot of grass/gravel....I can sleep standing up
I'll figuire out something about that, i'll pitch a tent, teepee, or just make a nest, I'm pretty easy about that.
unless emergency work pops up, I'm free and clear to be there. and that can even be turned down. Ain't it cool to have a summer job like that ? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
hey, what kind of rider are ya? easy going, ***** to the wall, pain tolerance high or low..........

Old 06-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Range Rover

We usually take it pretty easy and enjoy the sights although on occassion we kick it up some.(then stop to wait on the wife.)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] As for the pain threshold, I've been married long enough to be, as Pink Floyd would say, "Comfortably Numb"! LOL (Just kidding dear... !)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

gergb
i'm definitly going, i registered for the ride...not sure yet but i might motel it

Quick Reply: Cincinnati area riders - WindRock 6/16-6/20