Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

BAUER'S PIT!!!!!!! :D

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 01:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAUER'S PIT!!!!!!! :D

So is it okay to ride at Bauers pit now or not?

Old 08-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Bauer's Pit is still closed ... I'll see if I can call up LEP7MM this weekend to see what the latest is...

Old 08-31-2004, 06:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Did we figure out if there was anymore info yet? We went to Dresser this last weekend, and Dean Tabor was with us, but I never got a chance to talk to him. I know there was a meeting Friday? night? Please. let us know!

Old 08-31-2004, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

CJ,

was the meeting in regards to Bauer's Pit? I left Dean a message a couple weeks ago and never heard back.

Old 08-31-2004, 10:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

One of the guys from our club said there was a meeting about the pit on Friday, that's why they were saving some camping spots for those who stayed back for the meeting. That's all I know for sure. Like I said, I never got a chance to talk to Dean. He was behind us on the trails on Saturday, but it was raining most of the time, so we didn't get to talk to him much.

Old 09-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Bauer's Pit Update..

I talked with Dean tonight from the local 4x4 club, and there indeed was a meeting between Dean, a DNR Rep, and several of the adjacent landowners to the pit. Basically, it was a meeting to clarify that there wouldn't be any liability involved if portions of their land were included within the area that the DNR would lease.

Dean said the meeting was very encouraging, and questions about the plan were answered, and now the real work of getting "the plan" together begins.

Dave (LEP7MM): Dean plans to give you a ring tomorrow (Friday) night to update you on some stuff. His Voice Mail is not working on his phone, and he hasn't been able to retrieve messages.

Things are looking very good! I appreciate the enthusiasm from the board here ... people wanting updates, people bumping the thread ... It all shows that people want to ride at this area again soon! Please keep ambitious and keep your friends ambitious too! By next year, we'll most likely need some help getting the place cleaned up and ready to reopen!

Old 09-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: klier
Bauer's Pit Update..

I talked with Dean tonight from the local 4x4 club, and there indeed was a meeting between Dean, a DNR Rep, and several of the adjacent landowners to the pit. Basically, it was a meeting to clarify that there wouldn't be any liability involved if portions of their land were included within the area that the DNR would lease.

Dean said the meeting was very encouraging, and questions about the plan were answered, and now the real work of getting "the plan" together begins.

Dave (LEP7MM): Dean plans to give you a ring tomorrow (Friday) night to update you on some stuff. His Voice Mail is not working on his phone, and he hasn't been able to retrieve messages.

Things are looking very good! I appreciate the enthusiasm from the board here ... people wanting updates, people bumping the thread ... It all shows that people want to ride at this area again soon! Please keep ambitious and keep your friends ambitious too! By next year, we'll most likely need some help getting the place cleaned up and ready to reopen!

thanks for keeping the motive strong. We haven't given up hope yet on the pit, and it sounds like hope is no longer needed if all goes as planned

Old 09-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer

Just say when its time to start clean up.

As long as I am not at work, I will help. Ill bring my buddy along as well.

Old 09-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Trailblazer

LEMP- Let me know when clean- up is to begin. I also have some buddies that want to help! With that said I can help with policing if needed.

HURRY- UP I WANT TO RIDE! j/k[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Trailblazer

Just wondering if there is any more info on the clean up date.

Quick Reply: BAUER'S PIT!!!!!!! :D