Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to find Mud trials in MO

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 09:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find Mud trials in MO

Hi,

I live in Southern Ill and heard that Finger Lake (North of Columbia, Mo) was a great place to ride, especailly for mudding. Is this so? I know a lot of people go to St Joe, but its more for sand racing.

Opinions please.....

Old 09-19-2004, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

Finger Lakes does have alot of mud, esp. after a good rainfall. It takes a while to 'dry' up after rain, so even if it has been dry for a bit, you can still find plenty of mud. The trails are narrow, steep (in some places), and you can get lost very easily (IMHO). If you like mud, Finger Lakes is for you. Just be patient as you will be using your winch alot.

Good luck,
Rob

Old 09-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

hi
A few of us will be riding finger lakes on sat. oct 2. Four wheel drives only. ( we dont want to spend half the day pulling out sport quads.) Finger lakes has become nearly unrideable for them. but is a blast for for the big boys. Your welcome to join us. there will be at least five of us maybe more.

Old 09-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Range Rover

We are going to Finger Lakes this Saturday 9-25. I thought I heard that they went in there and groomed some of the main trials. I know last year we went after a rain and it was bad. Does anybody have any info on the condition right now. I am taking my son and he's riding my warrior and I don't want to spend the whole time pulling him out.

Old 09-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, sounds like I'll be visting Finger Lake, Can the trial handle 48'' wide arctic cats?

Thanks for the invite "Trakbeor" but archery season starts 1 Oct, hopefully I'll be using my quad to extract deer. , maybe later in the month.

v/r,

Old 09-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Any time muddy pup.
later in oct. or early nov. we plan on going to chadwick. Its more rock crawlin ,trail riding, creek crossing.But still a blast. 125 miles of trail so it dont get boring. the trails at finger lakes are plenty wide for your cat. with your 27s you should have no trouble.

to range rover
Ive been going to finger lakes for years. never seen any work done on the trails. the last time we went (about a month and a half ago.) we spent a good part of our time pulling sport quads out off mud. not just mud holes but wicked gumbo flats. I live in lake of the ozarks. And its dried out quit a bit. Finger lakes holds on to water a long time. But it should be a little better.

-----------------------
02 forman 450s
isd super trapp
K&N
detroit locker
disc brake conversion
26in mudlites

Old 09-22-2004, 08:40 AM
Range Rover

Is Finger Lake, public land? if so I predicted it will be closed to ATV's soon.Because of all the mud riders.Thats how all public land got closed here in Texas.

Trending Topics

Old 09-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

finger lakes is a state park. It started out mud,is mud, and will always be mud. it is a reclaimed lead mine as is st.jo state park. I hope your not blaming 4wd quads for riding areas being closed. Up here what gets areas closed are idiots on sport quads getting themselves killed riding way over there heads.lets put the blame where it belongs on the tree huggers and the polititions who agree with them. do what we do volunteer for trail maintainace, join a club, vote!!! but dont blame each other

ride red till your dead

Old 09-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Range Rover

TREKBOER - The NW Ark ATV Riding Club will be having a club ride at Chadwick on Halloween weekend along with the Ozar Trails ATV Club out of Springfield,Mo. We will be camped there at Cobb Ridge Campgrounds. Come check us out.....Marty

Old 09-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

are you affliated with this other club at all i attempted to email them and they act like they don't even know you just curious

Quick Reply: Where to find Mud trials in MO