Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

How Many Acres Are Enough

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 05:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Many Acres Are Enough

I am considering investing in some property for an ATV Park. How many acres are enough? What should I be looking for? Any info would be appreciated.

Old 09-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as much as u can get!!!!! wen u do let people ride on it to tear it up so it isnt as much work then get some dirt in there

Old 09-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

350-500 is a good start. I ride on 300 behind my house and it gets old pretty quik.....

Old 09-22-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

The more, the better I would say. Wow, an ATV Park! Buy the land in Wisconsin! LOL Southeastern to be specific!

Old 09-23-2004, 08:44 AM
Trailblazer

hmm, so I guess 60+ wouldn't be enough in NNJ? I just wanted someplace where we didn't have to travel 1.5+ to get to. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-23-2004, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Sure it could be, but it has to be set up correctly and located in an area that can take advantage of other opportunites. For example, you could get by with 5 acres if it were located where it abuts to an established trail system. By taking advantage of the existing trails that are maintained by state and federal funding sources, you could put in a few rental cabins, or maybe a camp ground.. and add in a gas stop and snack bar and you could find yourself rolling in gold. This way, you do not have the investment in time and expenses associated with the trail system.

Many entrapanuers in West Virginia, and Utah have done this successfully

If you choose to go it on your own, contact Brian Mills, the land use editor for this web site for details on funding and expertise resources... there is a lot of funding and help available on how to set up a park and jump start your process. The blue ribbon coalition also has a full time staff member that helps people like you get started.

As for large parcels of land.. they are getting harder to find these days, and you will pay a premium price for them when you do find them. A lot has to do with location and the layout of the terrain. 100 acres of rolling hills and trees are a lot more fun that 300 acres of timber cut flat land. I know of several farmers who took basically useless land for farming and converted it over to moto-x tracks, and made good profits on weekends with them... One in Wisconsin, Illinois, Colorado, and Iowa.. and all were built on less than 50 acres

Old 09-23-2004, 10:33 AM
Trailblazer

dragginbutt,
Thanks for the information. I will continue my research.

Trending Topics

Old 09-23-2004, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

From what i have rode, as far as pay parks.....2000 is ideal to keep from getting bored, but then it depends on if you want sport, utility, or a combo of both types of riders

Old 09-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Some of you must be spoiled.... if you have to drive for 5 hours to find a park that size... sometimes 10 acres would be enough....

Old 11-27-2004, 02:39 AM
Trailblazer

a good place would be in washburn tn. right next to clinch mountains, with views to smoky mtn to cumberland mtns in ky. land is cheap and it's excellent here. just a thought to ya.

Quick Reply: How Many Acres Are Enough