Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

riding in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default riding in AZ?

I recently moved to phoenix and purchased a 2005 Z400 and really love it!!! I just dont really know where to ride, i have been to bartlett lake rd, out off of cave creek. It is a blast and plan to go back this wkend, but want to know of some other good places to ride nearby, i live in central scotsdale.

Old 11-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Trailblazer
Default riding in AZ?

There is the cinders riding area in Flagstaff, but that might not be close enough for you.

Old 11-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default riding in AZ?

yea i have heard that cinders is a great place to ride, i like the look of the pictures i have seen on it. They talk about it being more of a place for summer riding bc it is cooler up there, does that mean the beginning of december would be too cold to go up there and camp for a night?? i only have a jeep and the one quad but i could prob get 2 of my friends to come and have a great time, just worried that without a camper or something if it would be too cold? let me know, thanks for the input

Old 11-07-2004, 02:21 AM
Trailblazer
Default riding in AZ?

Yeah I wouldn't go up there in the winter months, too cold there's probably snow up there right now. I would wait till spring time or early summer to go if I were you. Some of the hill climbs there are incredibly steep.

Old 11-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Trailblazer
Default riding in AZ?

Sycamore creek is a place north west of Mesa. There is the Rolls area near Saguaro lake.
from PHX Head East to get to Shea rd take that East till it dead ends at Highway 87 (Bee line Hyway) Turn left at the light heading towards Saguaro Lake. If you go to the Rolls area you have to turn Right at the Saguaro Lake junction. Its about 2 miles down the road on the left. Look for the sign. If your thinking of Sycamore creek Its a past the Juction around 1 to 200 yards from mile marker 200, turn left. You cut thru the Highway divder and head straight into the riding area. You can drive all the way to the wash but its easier to just unload just past the entrance. Both are primative and have no services. The Rolls does have a bathroom in the parking lot for the boat Over flow. I dont know if there open during the fall/winter months. there alot more but those are the 2 I use most often. I know they have quad drags at 99th Ave and camel Back at certain times of the year and you may still be able to ride there too.

Good Luck,

cave.

Old 11-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default riding in AZ?

glamis and buttercup dunes are only three hour away or got just out side of aj

Old 11-08-2004, 02:13 AM
Trailblazer
Default riding in AZ?

thanks again for the reply's, i have gone up to care free/cave creek area, by bartlett lake the past 2 wkends and that place is pretty good. I will def try going out to sycamore or the others you mentioned when i get another open wkend.

Trending Topics

Old 11-08-2004, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default riding in AZ?

Hey Rookie26, I live in Scottsdale too, and typcially ride @ Sycamore creek, Rolls, Cinders and the dunes. There is a place to ride in Scottsdale even at Pima Rd & Dynamite. I beleive it is BLM land, so you should get the yearly permit. Other trails can be found at riding arizona dot com.

Old 11-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer
Default riding in AZ?

PredFan is that the powerline road? I've seen many peps out there riding. Me and some buddies took that road for a ride after work and ended up in someones back yard. That nieghborhood wasnt there 10 years ago.

There you go rookie26. Thats real close to you.

cave

Old 11-09-2004, 12:05 AM
Trailblazer
Default riding in AZ?

yea i heard about that too, but didnt know which road to head down off of dynamite, some of them look like they may go to houses, that is when i was told about bartlett lake, which is a little further. can you give me an idea where the riding is by pima/dynamite?? also, have you heard of any of those places where you can get a friend to rent a bike or atv, someone said there is something in mesa but didnt know the name. thanks again.

Quick Reply: riding in AZ?