ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Where to Ride (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/)
-   -   MO riding question...St. Joe vs. Finger Lakes (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/198428-mo-riding-question-st-joe-vs-finger-lakes.html)

12pointbuck 04-04-2005 02:41 PM

MO riding question...St. Joe vs. Finger Lakes

I have only been to st. joe to ride. I enjoy trail riding and getting muddy. I was thinking about trying someplace new. How does Finger Lakes compare to St. Joe? Any input is appreciated.

pooboy2 04-04-2005 02:53 PM

well if you like mud you might like finghr lakes!! I ve only been there once and that was enough for me alto I onley ride 2 wheel drives and hate geting stuck alto it might just been wet that weekend?

12pointbuck 04-04-2005 04:00 PM

Hey poo-- are there any good places to ride over on your side of the river? I live in St. Louis and am familiar with where edwardsville is. maybe you could point me in a direction?

pooboy2 04-04-2005 07:53 PM

sure there is a place up north off I-55N called illinois dirt riders it is ok has huge moto-cross track but overall a small place after abought 4 hours gets old I myself have a friend that lives in east st louis and we ride all over down there abought 6 of us go almost every sat. and then once and a while I do go to st joes was there fri&sat .

zmann 04-04-2005 11:40 PM

You should try Suttons Bluff. They have the best, most well kept trails I have ridden in the state. We are going for the weekend this month starting on the 22nd.

Sportsman6004X4 04-04-2005 11:54 PM

Finger Lakes has a good track, Lots of wooded trails and plenty of mud. They have recently done some trail Maintence and you can ride easily in 2wd. We have ridin once a month there since News years, and it has always been good riding.

JustinBlackPredator 04-06-2005 10:02 PM

i like st.joe better

macanic 04-07-2005 12:46 AM

I agree.... ST. Joe's is better...
Finger lakes is a big mud hole..... the hill climbs are kinda cool...
Sutton's bluff is awsome riding.... The best trails around.... Approx. 25 miles in trails and about another
40 more miles if you know were to go.....There's a trail that will take you to the top of taum sauk mountian
thats the best....
Then there's one that will take you to a waterfall area... great swimming hole...
Been going down there for 15 years

zmann 04-07-2005 02:13 AM

So, when ar you going down to Suttons again Matt? We are going in a few weeks and again over the Memorial weekend.

12pointbuck 04-07-2005 11:55 AM

Where is Sutton's Bluff? in relation to St. Joe? I am from St. Louis...

thanks