Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

about Where To Ride in Mass

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default about Where To Ride in Mass

FYN,how many roughly?I could get probably 10 right now not including you or anone else here,just guys I know.Can you ask around just to put the idea out there and see what you get for responses?Later Nitsy

Old 05-16-2005, 09:36 PM
FYN
Trailblazer

Probably another 5-10, I would start another thread with the title of what you're trying to do
(atv club, so shore) just to see what kind of feedback there is and who is willing. I won't go out to west mass, if I'm driving 3 hours I'll go to NH or ME. More riding less limitations... Keep me up to date

Mike

Old 05-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Range Rover

This thread is getting interesting, I thought I was the only one who thought our state was a political nightmare. The problem with the Commonwealth and people like Kennedy and Kerry not to mention those clowns on Beacon Hill is that when you have a problem all you have to do is pass a piece of legislation! Wrong!!!!!! That's the Mass way and guess what folks it never works, it's the lazy mans way out. Look at our gun laws and drunk driving laws. You can pass all the laws you want, but it don't make the problem go away, Does it?? If the state did the right thing and spread the trails across the state, some in the west, central and east maybe they wouldn't be screaming all day long. Lets face it people are going to ride no matter what or where.

Mass is an over-regulated bureaucracy of lunacy, and they think they're "progressive." Note: progessive is fancy word for liberal tree hugger. Mass. needs to take a lesson from their due north neighbors, NH.. Less is more when it comes to governement and regulations. Massachusetts has to be the first with everything and they think the rest of country will follow. NOT!!! That's why all the "blue states" in the middle of the country in November told the "red states", all on the coast if you didn't make the connection. "to take a hike"

Old 05-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

I am sending out some emails to get some #s of regisrtations and new registrations so I can get some figures.I will start another thread tomorrow and see what happens.Mike,with your 10 and my 10 that isnt too bad of a start,and I am sure we can get lots its just getting a politician to back us up and help out.My brain hurts so enough for tonight.Later Nitsy

Old 05-17-2005, 12:50 AM
Range Rover

Nitsy, I think the number in the round you are looking for is 24000 registered ORV's in MA, approximately 16000 of those are quads...and two of those are mine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ... as for the pheasant thing, don't even get me started-

I thought I was the only one who thought our state was a political nightmare
Take heart, bank, there are a few clear thinkers left...

Old 05-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah I heard 25k but want to be sure about it first,plus I want to see how many new bikes so that I can get a figure on the sales tax. Nitsy

Old 05-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Range Rover

In regards to forming a club,I guess one of the benefits would be to have a membership of riders from our area.To be able to go on rides out of state and have someone to share a ride with or whatever.It's hard to connect with riders from western Mass. due to the distance.It is closer for us to drive to New Hampshire or Maine than it is driving 3-4 hours to the western part of our state.

I don't see Myles Standish State forest opening up for orv's ever again.I'm not ready to sell my atv yet either! I look at owning my atv as the same thing as owning a snowmobile,if you want to ride either one,you have to travel to do it...fact of life for us living in this area.
To change the subject,anybody have any plans to ride in New Hampshire this summer? I belong to North Country ATV. in North Stratford,NH. They have over 100 miles of private trails,you don't have to belong to the club to ride the trails but your atv has to be registered in New Hampshire($73 for the year).It's $10 a year to join the club.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:52 AM
FYN
Trailblazer

I plan on going there plus the mead paper land. I also think I'll head to Pittsburg. It's not that bad of a drive (especially when it's not -30 and snowing)........

Old 05-18-2005, 05:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

anyone got a link to the new forum you guys put up. your welcome to put my name down.

Old 05-18-2005, 06:31 PM
FYN
Trailblazer

What new forum???

Quick Reply: about Where To Ride in Mass