Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

WWW.---------------->>>>>>>>

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2000, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK everyone I need some serios opinions here.Go to www.atvny.com and check this out.This guy has 400 acres of land and he charges $20 a day to ride on the trails and a track he has.Sounds great dont it??The only thing is he states that you cannot have any loud or aftermarket exaust because his neibors complain!!!Im pretty bummed out because even though my machine is stock all of my friends machines are piped,and I damm sure aint going by myself.How is this guy gonna get any people to go there when just about 75% of all machines are modafied or 2 strokes.Dont most laws state no loud noise after 10pm or so.I tried to call them up for some answers but they are the most unprofesional people to deal with and could not get a strait answer from them.It might help out if a few of us e mail him and find out what exactly he is talking about and how loud is really loud.I really dont mean to cut this guy down at all because he has a great idea but what good is it if only a few people can ride there.Please give me your veiws on this situation.

Old 10-05-2000, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please remember, x250rDude; you did ASK for opinions!

Question: Whose land is it, anyway?

The landowner can set any requirements he chooses regarding the conditions for riding on his property.

Consider his position: Your buds come out there with ATV's so loud you can't hear yourself think; his neighbors get into an uproar; then what? You and your buds leave; however, the landowner has to live with these people across the fence always. Is your friends' twenty bucks worth the grief, the disputes, the continuous retaliation to the landowner?

Consider the neighbors' position--they buy country property, want some peace and quiet; what's in it for them, if a herd of 160 db ATV's cuts loose across the pasture? There go the property values!

I think your expectations for the landowner and his neighbors to accommodate your friends' loud pipes are unrealistic. If the conditions for riding there are unacceptable to you, you can refuse to participate and go somewhere else, save your $ 20 or spend it elsewhere.

Even some public riding areas enforce noise restrictions and most if not all require spark arrestors.

Annoyingly loud pipes have their consequences.

As a compromise, you might propose a noise test with a reasonable maximum standard for the riding area owner to implement. This way, piped quads with tolerable noise levels would be permitted.

Again, you asked for opinions; I've shared mine. If you think ATV's, no matter how loud, should be allowed to operate anywhere their riders choose, you're entitled to yours.

Tree Farmer

Old 10-05-2000, 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

x250rDude,
Come on where's the new pic's of the Raptor! I wanna see it with the tires and Bars and Graphics.
Have a nice day

Old 10-06-2000, 09:36 PM
Trailblazer

I was there two weeks ago, and will probally not return again ever. the owner of the land will ask if you have an aftermarket exhaust on your quad.
Tell him "No. my exhaust is stock." he won't bother to check. he has no clue as to what make his quad is. the website says:"400 acres of land" if you subtract all the trees, the lake and the unrideable areas, you are left with 20 acres. there is no system in relation to the trails. just ride and don't ride on the apple orchads. there is a place 10 miles near my house that is 100 times better than the mentioned place. I went spent about an hour and left because it was BORING. do yourself a favor and check out waldenmx.com, and you will see various mx tracks that are within a 4 mile radious of atvny. they have races for all levels and offer days that you can practice for $25.
email me if you want directions to various riding spots in the area.
ron

/////////////////////////
ATV Connection Forum guidelines expressly prohibit foul language, no matter how thinly disguised. To ensure you retain your posting PRIVILEGES, please follow the Forum guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

ATVBBS
/////////////////////////

Old 10-06-2000, 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Ron for the info,im glad I didnt waste my time going up there.Just by talking with the guy on the phone I new somthing was up.The guy sounded like the guy from the Texus chain saw masacure.He probably is the guy,what did they call him,oh yea leather face.Well to tell you the truth if i owened the land I would welcome all to come,and if my neibors complained you no what I would tell them.MOVE!!!!!!!!!I own a car audio shop and its located in an industrial buisness park.I have a guy on the other side of shop who writes books and his wife does Yoga classes.I try to keep the noise down at times but when I have a customer whos paying thousands of $$$$$$$ with me I have to turn it up to tune it.And you no what I tell the guy next door when he comes over because his pictures are falling off the wall.I tell him well why dont you MOVE!!!!!!!!!You all can call me an A#$Hole but thats my feeling.LIVE AND LET LIVE If its TOO LOUD ,SHUT UP AND DEAL WITH IT OR MOVE!!!!!!!

Old 10-06-2000, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hey treefarmer are you his neibor or somthing??Im just kidding with you,I did ask for opinions and yours was well read and thought of,thanks for the reply.I am keeping my Raptor exaust stock because I love it quite and it has plenty of power for me stock.I cant say that for the people I ride with all of which have modafied exaust.400ex keep an eye out because pics will be on the way next week

Old 10-07-2000, 12:17 AM
Range Rover

I think you have overlooked another option that your neighbor might avail himself of, i.e., legal action.

There are few, if any, areas of the country where land use regulations and zoning ordnances don't exist. And this is not to mention nuisance laws.

The kind of cavalier, selfish, irresponsible disregard for others rights that you express in your post is the same kind of behavior on the part OHV motorsports fans that has resulted in the closure of thousands of acres of riding land already and the enactment of noise abatement ordnances for the vehicles that use the remaining open land. The Oregon sand dunes, for example, require all vehicles to emit less than 94dB of exhaust noise at a distance of 18 inches.

Attitudes such as yours win no friends for ATVing. In order to keep riding areas open we need the support (read: votes) of our non-riding neighbors.

By themselves, ATVers lack the numbers to put any pressure at all on lawmakers to keep open the riding areas we have now. Alienate enough of your non-riding neighbors with the kind of childish, spoiled-brat antics you advocate, and watch as even more riding areas close, and more restrictions concerning noise are brought to bear.

From what I read here, Walt Kelly's Pogo cartoon character's famous expression still applies:

"We have met the enemy, and they are us".

Think about it.

Army Man

Trending Topics

Old 10-07-2000, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

Hey armyman why dont you tell that too white bros,big gun,answer,DG and all of the other manufacturs who make loud devices.As long as there is a market for such devices people will buy them.And as long as people buy them people will complain.So life goes on.Aint nothing you or anyone can do about it except for deal with it.

Old 10-16-2000, 10:48 PM
Range Rover

x250rDude
the pipe you talk about are made for the intent of use on closed course tracks i.e: MX tracks. I HATE sitting in the middle of the forest nice and quite and then all of a sudden the noise of a loud ATV or motorcycle comes down the trail and just able blasts my ears out. I go out to get some piece and quite not to be in the middle of a race track. If you want to race go to a track.
Wayne B