Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

SoCal: My letter to the USFS.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SoCal: My letter to the USFS.

I went riding today on a road that was legal last week, illegal today. Forest Fuzz stopped meand had an attitude towards me untill I threw out some of his supierers names whom I know on a name/face basis.

Heres my letter regarding the road closure.

"I'm writing this to express my opinion about the road 3n14 in the Big Bear, Ca area. This road is currantly closed to green sticker vechicles between Big pine flat campground and 4n16.

The aternate route is 3n17 also called White mountain trail.

This road is much too treacherous for a beginner rider. So how is someone that is not a advanced rider supposed to get to the campground? What if someone broke down up there? It would be impossible to tow an atv or dirt bike out of that area. Also impossible to get a stock 4x4 pickup up there to get a broken down bike out.

There needs to be an alternate route available for the less advanced riders or the riders that don't want to go rockcrawling.

Today I was told by a USFS person that the reason they closed 3n14 to green sticker vehicles is that there were several head on accidents in this area.

But I can take a street legal enduro type of bike there? In my opinion it does not matter if I'm riding a green stickerd XR600 dirt bike or a street legal XL600, if I get hit by a pickup truck the out come will be the same regardless if the bike is street legal or not."

Signed with my full name and addy.