ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Where to Ride (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/)
-   -   any interest in an atv park in rochester ny? (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/213173-any-interest-atv-park-rochester-ny.html)

saint650 08-11-2005 06:20 AM

any interest in an atv park in rochester ny?

looking for people in the rochester ny area. trying to do a little research in to opening an atv park on the other side of brockport. how many people think they would travel to an atv park for legal ridding. would riders be willing to pay for a day of riding or purchass a yearly membership? also considering a mx track and a young kids track. try to get little kids interested in the sport along with there parents. hold weekly races. also have about 80 miles of trails. let me know your thoughts on this. i already own the properety

ThrashAndCrash 08-11-2005 06:31 AM

I am no where near NY, but if you decide to do it..........I will drive out there and personally shake your hand, and buy you a beer; if you drink!. I know we need more places like that here! The one good one we do have was a personall land owner did the same thing....$5 gets you in, sign a waver.....and have fun! All of us that go there respect each other ; we are there to have fun!

saint650 08-11-2005 06:50 AM

thats the whole idea. nys is making it impossible to enjoy atv riding. i want to make it family fun again. get familys to come out on the weekend and ride togeather. i am considering atv rentals, and also like i said young kids motorcross leagues. probally would set up a mud pit, a drag strip. just need to know that there is an intrest befor i start putting it togeather.

intruder1 08-11-2005 05:33 PM

im also trying to get zoned for a mx park in marion ny..

i just bought a house with 22 plus acres.

805 feet wide & 1200 feet deep

i have 400 of road front and 2 nabors with 1 acres each to my right.

just about 300 by 805 is woods with a creek running the with of 805 feet..

im hopeing to be up and running by next spring.......

its about 30 to 35 min. from rochester..

Markymannn 08-12-2005 10:08 AM

Originally posted by: saint650
looking for people in the rochester ny area. trying to do a little research in to opening an atv park on the other side of brockport. how many people think they would travel to an atv park for legal ridding. would riders be willing to pay for a day of riding or purchass a yearly membership? also considering a mx track and a young kids track. try to get little kids interested in the sport along with there parents. hold weekly races. also have about 80 miles of trails. let me know your thoughts on this. i already own the properety

I'll come over to ride. Check out Trailpass and the park in Lyons out by you. They have been having problems with neighbors and the town trying to shut them down

Scooter86 08-12-2005 11:03 AM

I'm interested[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Every time I ride in Watkins Glen or PA I always run into Rochester/Buffalo area riders. I even purchased a yearly membership to a place 2 1/2 hours away! On the other hand, The place in Lyons doesn't see a ton of riders I don't think. The trails are decent enough, most people I have talked to sight the inspection fees and parking fees etc. But those really don't amount to all that much IMO.

schl48a 08-12-2005 11:30 AM

thats the problem in ny mx tracks all over the place and no one place can get a decent group so they just get the money and run or switch to just motorcycles.

DirtDragon 08-13-2005 12:29 AM

I think you have an awesome idea. I will definately come for the drag strip. You are totally right, NY riders need a legal fun place to ride and keep the sport alive. Maybe even offer weekend camping. I think holding weekly/weekend events is the key. People know they always have a place to ride.

Markymannn 08-13-2005 12:25 PM

Originally posted by: Scooter86
I'm interested[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Every time I ride in Watkins Glen or PA I always run into Rochester/Buffalo area riders. I even purchased a yearly membership to a place 2 1/2 hours away! On the other hand, The place in Lyons doesn't see a ton of riders I don't think. The trails are decent enough, most people I have talked to sight the inspection fees and parking fees etc. But those really don't amount to all that much IMO.
You talking Majestic? Check out the dice runs around Majestic. I went a week ago to Otto FD's, about 3 miles away from Majestic. Next weekend it is Eldred, another 4-5 miles down the road. 9/17 is Limstone outside ASP in NY. In fact this forum has a Limestone thread. Good time

Scooter86 08-13-2005 11:35 PM

Yeah, I just did the last Majestic dice run. Lots of good riding down there, but 2 1/2 hours away too. Some of the guys i ended up riding with were talking about some of the other runs down there.