Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Kentucky Lake

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kentucky Lake

Me and some friends are planning a weekend trip to go riding at Land Between the Lakes and was wondering if any one has rode there. Just curious how it is and maybe how compares to St. Joe if you have ever been to both thx

Old 04-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kentucky Lake

Never been there to ride ATV's, but going there in June for houseboat vacation. If you do go ride post how it is.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kentucky Lake

I can't compare it to St. Joe because I have never been any other place other than KY Lake and LBL. I can tell you both times I went in the past month were a blast! There are some good trails but plenty of things to get hurt on. If you like climbing hills or going down them then LBL is perfect. There are some truck trails that make it enjoyable for the "rookie" ride like myself. It's $15.00 for a 1 to 3 day pass or $60.00 for the year.

What are some other good places to ride out here in TN and KY border area?

Old 04-23-2006, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kentucky Lake

We got a weekend trip planned for may 6th and 7th to go there so if nothing falls through will report back. Just making a judgement from there maps and information it looks like will be pretty cool. Ive only rode at St. Joe which is pretty nice has alot of different things, Suttons Bluff which is good if you enjoy trail riding which i do. Its all trails connected with counties roads that you can also ride on, and Trail of Tears in Illinos which was pretty cool but the State has started really craking down on getting off there property and never realized how many of the trails where actually state park , so it really made it seem small. They do have a decent track though. I like the trails at Suttons Bluff better than St. Joe but think all in all like St Joe better just more different things to do. Kentucky lake is about the same distance for me as St Joe but guys i ride with are from farmington so will have to be pretty nice for them to make a 2nd trip there over St Joe.

Old 04-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kentucky Lake

I just bought a 300EX and live 45 minutes from LBL/Turkey Bay. Being that I am just getting started a buddy of mine is helping me get the hang of these things. Trail riding is a blast! I have really enjoyed all that Turkey Bay has to offer I just wish I had more trails to compare it to! Anyway, I will keep an eye out if you guys head this way we can probably meet up.

Dan

Old 06-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kentucky Lake

Hey bberck, how was LBL...

I've got a couple pictures of LBL trailes in my profile.. its a great place to ride

gonna either go to LBL or Linton Ky this Sunday for a Ride...