Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

St. Joes

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Joes

Originally posted by: bberck
Originally posted by: MAC71
Originally posted by: bberck
Originally posted by: MAC71
bberck,Have you tried to get on the sandbar lately? I missed going over there before the river went back up this past week. I checked it out Wednesday and it still needs to go down about another foot to get across. By the way,I checked out your pics and you look familiar. Did you go to Jackson?
Ya I went to jackson K-10th then moved to Illinois. Been back in Cape for 16 years.

I believe thats where I remember you from(school)and we played on the same baseball team way back(little kids)Dodgers I think. Anyway,I seen today a few people riding at the sandbar across from my work today(lonestar). I don't know if you've ever been over there but it's pretty fun and close. I'm going to go over there this week sometime either after work(2 pm) or this weekend if you would like to meet up and see what that Raptor can do against my R LOL.
Ive never been across there. I heard they were getting after people for riding along the river ? But ya I would like to check it out sometime Im self employed so Im off by around noon everyday.

bberck,I'm going to head over to the river tommorrow after work(2 pm) but probably won't stay for very long(1-2 hours).I'm suppose to wait for a phone call to work on brother in laws waterline so I figured I waste a little time.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default St. Joes

Let me know how it is. Where do you unload at to get across ?

Old 07-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default St. Joes

Well I didn't get to go as planned because my brother in law called me at work at noon and said he would be ready a 2 to start working on his water line. I thought it would be more like 4. So as long as the weather holds out tommorrow I will go then. As far as unloading you turn onto the levee road(right) and go down the hill(another right before the gates) and you can park in the field right there or drive under the bridge or where ever. Then you follow a trail that runs along the west side of the field(on your 4 wheeler). There are 2 places to turn off at,one has a white bucket hanging in a tree and the other is at the end of the trail. The end of the trail is the best shot at getting across. The first one the river needs to be pretty low. If you want we could meet at that new gas station next to the bridge if your unsure?

Old 07-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default St. Joes

Thursday is my longest day I just got home so maybe next time.

Just a little advanced notice, me and a couple other guys are going to St. joe sunday aug 20th if you and anyone you know wants to go let me know.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default St. Joes

Thanks for the heads up in August. I'm on vacation that next week,if you call hanging drywall a vacation,but I work 6-2 that Sunday. I may have to see if I can get someone to trade days off with me that day. I made it over to the sandbar for about 1 1/2 hrs. today. If you like riding in soft sand and throwing a roost its great. If you want to go sometime let me know.