Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

el mirage it is....any tips??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default el mirage it is....any tips??

Hey all, again I just want to say, thanks so much for all your information!!!

We decided to try out el mirage this saturday 04-14, what do you all think about this place? I heard the lake bed is really cool and there are some nice trails.

Any one else heading out there??
Thanks
Keston

Old 04-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Range Rover

Just a heads up ...... its a GIANT dust bowl when the weather is windy, otherwise, the place is awesome !!!

Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been a little windy!

Old 04-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

That is my number 1 concern, looked at weather.com, supposed to b 30 mph winds!!!! dont sound like to much fun to me but then again I dont drive the truck =(
Thanks for the help
Keston

Old 04-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

well all i can say is if the weathers good, you're making a good choice goin to el mirage, lets see.....the flatbed is f***in awesome if you got a fast ride...once you're on the bed for a while, you'll obviously want to try the trails a little...that's where it gets good....you wouldn't believe how many trails there are...you follow one, it splits into two, those two split into another two each, and so on....all the trails there are crossing with each other, so pay attention to the riders around you so you don't end up hitting each other, if you follow the trails towards the hills, just get ready because some of the hills are nothing but rocks, some are nothing but loose sand, and the rest are just regular dirt, there are, ohhh atleast 20 different hills.....and then after you're kinda been all over the hills, keep heading the way you were going once you started on the trails...and you'll eventually end up in the little mountains, try to go to the little mountains, NORTHWEST from where you were coming on the road when you were driving to el mirage...those little mountains can get crazy, i think like 4 of them were filled with football-size rocks, so watch out for that....have a good time bro!..p.s. there's some land mines ...3 i think...they're closed off with fence and tape, im not saying they're going to explode or anything..ahha...i guess they're inactive...but i tripped out when i first saw them...haha....lates