Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Minneapolis/St. Paul

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 01:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minneapolis/St. Paul

I'm looking for some wide open flat dry places to do some test/tune "riding" within a couple hours drive of Minneapolis. Any ideas? FYI, I'm new to the state.

Also, I'm looking for a place that sells methanol by the gallon.

Thanks!

Scooby

Old 04-14-2007, 02:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Not many legal places open this time of year. And those that are open, arent dry. Right now I think only General Andrews is open, but Nemadji should be open in a few weeks. Keep an eye on the mn dnr website for trail closings and openings.
MNDNR website

Old 04-14-2007, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

Scooby,

I have a still in my backyard. Just kidding!!!!

Old 04-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dbeck
Scooby,

I have a still in my backyard. Just kidding!!!!
LOL...

sorry to say it but HB is right.. General Andrews is about the only thing open for trail riding atm. theirs always tri county pit. but you cant get out of 3rd gear

Iam thinkin that clark county & danbury WI open on sunday but not sure....

Old 04-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure what you're looking for but their are a couple railbeds around that are flat and wide and straight. One is the Gandy Dancer in Danbury Wisconsin and the other is the Soo Line up by Mille Lacs, both are about an hour and a half drive from the cities.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

opps my bad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] 16 more days trail update

Heres a nice link for current trail condition's in cheese land

Old 04-14-2007, 04:46 PM
Range Rover

WOW some quad you got!! welcome to minnesota. But good luck tring to find a place to ride that monster.Truefully speaking we have alot of woody,small trails here the sooline is rocky, very rocky and DNR might tell you not to run that beast. Your best bet is winter riding that thing on the lakes. There was a drag this pass winter on tanners in oakdale off of high way 94 and there was some fast sleds and quads out there, but finding a straight smooth spot to run your quad might be alittle hard. About your GAS check out Bobs cycle supply off of highway 36 in little canada they should be able to help.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply's. I'm currently reviewing them. Will have to look up the places you mentioned since I'm new to the area. It would probably be May before I would need a place to ride.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

not to rain on your parade Scooby, but many of the trails have speed limits of 35 mph or less. The MN DNR has been using the "Eye in the Sky" recently to patrol known trails, both legal and illegal.

I have some relatives about an hour south of MPLS that have a gravel pit that could provide some hill climbing entertainment, but not too sure they would be willing to let more people ride there. I could check if you're interested.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LEP7MM
not to rain on your parade Scooby, but many of the trails have speed limits of 35 mph or less. The MN DNR has been using the "Eye in the Sky" recently to patrol known trails, both legal and illegal.

I have some relatives about an hour south of MPLS that have a gravel pit that could provide some hill climbing entertainment, but not too sure they would be willing to let more people ride there. I could check if you're interested.

An hour south of MPLS hey, I'am interested!!! get checkin [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Minneapolis/St. Paul