Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Places to ride in the Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo NY area

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Places to ride in the Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo NY area

Hi,

I recently moved to Rochester and am looking for places to ride.

The Oswego County ATV club is great club/trail but it's about 3 hours from Rochester. There's about 50 miles of trails, scenic areas (Salmon river reservoir and falls) , mud holes, easy and intermediate trails.

http://www.oswegocountyatv.org/

I just found the All County ATV club on the net. It's an hour east of Rochester. Anyone been there ? What's it like ?

http://www.allcountyatv.net/index.html

Most of the other trails I found on the net within a couple hours of Rochester looked pretty small.

Also looking for other folks in the area to ride with. I'd be happy to show folks around the Oswego County Club trails after they open on 4/1. $10 for a day pass. $30 per year.

Thanks in advance.

Skip

Old 01-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Skip1, I also live in Roch. Unforunately there just isn't much available to the public around here. I have ridden Oswego a few times and like it. If you are planning a trip I'll tag along for sure. The best trails bar none are at Majestic Trails in Rew, PA. I think a group of us are going to try and hit this up the end of April, maybe early May. That is a 3 hour drive or so. I am thinking it only takes me about 2 hours to get to Happy Valley/Oswego trails but my memory isn't what it used to be... What kind of quad do you have and what type of riding do you like?

Old 01-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

It is 2 hours going directly to Altmar where the trailhead is. I always wind up stopping in Syracuse to meet up with my father and brother.

I would say we are meduim speed trail riders who can't pass up a mudhole. Our motto is if you didn't have to be winched out it wasn't a good ride and we always try tow ropes first which doesn't count. I'll post some pictures and videos once I figure out how. My father (80 years old going on 60), brother. daughter, son, me (56 years old) have 4 ATV's, 2 rincons, Outlander 800 2 seater and an Outlander 400. I mainly ride the rincon because it's modded for mud (as much as you can with a rincon). Once we get some Outlaws on the 800 I'll probably ride that. Still has the crappy stock tires.

I've heard good things about the Majestic trails and would like to go. My son and I have been to the Hatfiled-MCCoy trails. Talk about a great place to ride.

We're probably going to try out the All County trails next Tuesday. 60 degrees in Rochester in January !! Can't pass that up. Do you know anything about the All County trails ?

I'll probably go to the Oswego county club trails 2-3 time a month starting in April so just let me know if anyone would like a guided tour.

Scooter86, You didn't happen to be with the group of guys from Rochester that came up to Oswego county and the wheel fell off the Honda ?

Old 01-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys....I'm in Buffalo and have some riding areas. I put on about 35mi on or so there. I have been to the copperridge trails in Olean NY. I havent been able to make it to majestic yet but I wanna make a trip down there. A friend goes all the time and is trying to get me to go. Our timing was just bad. So if you are making trips to go keep my email and let me know...the more the merrier. Craig - nuch14150@aol.com

Old 01-04-2008, 08:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

No, that wasn't me. I was up there a few years ago when a wheel fell off a guys Polaris though! When I have gone up I have ridden with the NYRiders group. We had something like 17 quads the last ride I went on, good mix of utes and sporties. For now I just have the YFZ, I can handle medium speeds but avoid the mudholes like a plague, lol. I think you might not make it to Oswego that much once you get a taste of Majestic...

nuch14150, Skip1 I'll give you a shout when we make the plans final for the next Majestic trip, actually I'll just pm you a site and you could even give input. I am definately up for Oswego this year as well. It would be nice to learn my way around that place as in the past I was just somewhere in the dustcloud.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here's my email address - ssds14534@hotmail.com. Please let me know if you plan a trip to Majestic or Oswego.

All the mudholes at Oswego have bypasses for the sport ATV guys and those with utes that don't like to get them dirty. There's also sand and small jumps.

Scooter86, Thanks for the PM. If you know of any good Honda service places in Rochester please let me know.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

I can't say you will ever get a deal out there, but Hollink actually has at least one real good tech. A lot of people happy with Stones', but that place is a drive from the city.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

anytime you guys head to rew let me know... would be great to ride with some new people... i live about 30 min. from the trails and will probably get the seasons pass the next time im down there.... anyone with a 4x4 who would like to do some snow riding majestic trails is open year round... that is when it is colder than 50

Old 01-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just dont have the time now, pretty much the only time Ive used my quad in the past 2 months was to plow the driveway. But once I do have time, I do plan on making a trip down to Majestic. You said colder than 50.. are they NOT oppen if its warmer? Reason Im asking, I went last yr in Jan, I think it was pretty warm out, I had nothing to do, So I made the 2 hr trip down there, and they were closed. I was pretty upset, But I do love their trails, and Next time I get the chance I will let ya know. But unless its a short ride around the Buffalo Area, I prob wont make it down to PA till March

Old 01-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Majestic is open year round except 2 weeks in November for Deer season. I have found that in the winter or during inclement weather, they are open but often no one is right at the buildingfor registration. They do seem to check in multiple times over the day though. If you are a member I don't think it is a problem, but if you aren't it is best to call ahead and let them know you are coming.

Quick Reply: Places to ride in the Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo NY area