Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Mornin' PSAR

Old 05-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Originally Posted by Bing
mornin psar!

sad day at a high school buddy's house back in CT

she had a party and some guests took the quads out for a ride,,,,and crashed killing a close friend of theirs

Prospect man dies in ATV crash The Republican-American

Rep-AM.com Obituaries The Republican-American
That's sad Bing, but it does go to show what happens when you mix alcohol, two on a quad and no helmets.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning PSAR!

28 and a heavy frost again this morning. Spring is close but not here yet apparently.

Good to see your still around Bing, it is sad about those folks on that quad. A bit of inattention is all it takes.

Grass is growing and I started mowing the lots around the buildings yesterday. Had a flat on the little tractor, have to fix that this morning. Took the grandsons to Little League last night, one plays "T Ball" the other is in the Farm League. What a hoot.

Have a good day.

Mike

Old 05-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good Evening PSAR!

Wonder if anyone is still alive in the PS region? Nobody on here all day today. Did Hap fall off the face of the earth?

Mowed some yesterday, things are going good on that. Kids have been laying out the garden, putting in three circles that are about 50' in diameter. Make using a rainbird to irrigate them easier. Total garden area keeps growing this year, up to about an acre now. I'm told there will be around 150 different beds with various plants. Several varieties of carrots and such to see what does well. Lots of corn this year apparently.

SWMBO and I went to Woodland this morning to pick up a garden tractor. Just a little 600 Bolens built in 1962. Missing the motor and needs rear tires but it's small enough for the grandsons to learn on. I've got motors and tires around so no big deal. For $50.00 bucks for the tractor and $25.00 in gas we had a nice trip.

Kids are sure making good use the quads while setting the garden up, saves a lot of packing things. Those little trailers are handy.

Planting starts tomorrow.

Have a good evening.

Mike

Old 05-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

I'm still here!

Old 05-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Jayna and I cut and split firewood this afternoon. Great weather over here for a change!

Old 05-08-2010, 09:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Saturday Afternoon PSAR

I'm still around Mike, busy, busy, busy, just like everybody else

On my way home I pass by a couple of baseball fields, sometimes stop and watch alittle, really fun watching the little guys play ball

Working 4 days at main job and 1 day at second job, hitting 40+ hours for the last couple of weeks, Val's happier with that, main job just needs to go 5 days with 40+, hopefully soon with summer arriving

Riding bicycle to work atleast 4 days a week, but not running too much, gotta figure out a schedule where I can ride, run and work daily

Hope everybody has a great Sunday

Old 05-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Good Morning PSAR!

28 degrees this morning and clear skies. Little west breeze that will probably pick up during the day.

Rod it's kind of early to get ready for winter! You guys are real ants this year. And Hap is working two jobs! Makes me feel like I'm setting around too much. Easy to find time to get your running in Hap, just don't stop to eat or sleep.

Our daughter, don't know how she does it, works two 40 hour a week jobs. One in a medical facility at the front desk and the other transcribing Doctor's orders. Been doing this for over two years now. Plus she does the garden thing and takes care of other stuff. Very ambitious person. Says she want's to get ahead now and retire early. Her husband is the same way, lot's of overtime.

Today they will be out to spend the day with SWMBO and work in the garden. Going to be a fun day.

I'm planning on doing a bunch of mowing after church. Youngest son got called in for OT at his job.

Boy is it pretty outside, think I'll take a little walk.

Have a happy Mother's Day all you Mommies!

Mike

Old 05-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally Posted by tencubed
Our daughter, don't know how she does it, works two 40 hour a week jobs. One in a medical facility at the front desk and the other transcribing Doctor's orders. Been doing this for over two years now. Plus she does the garden thing and takes care of other stuff. Very ambitious person. Says she want's to get ahead now and retire early. Her husband is the same way, lot's of overtime.

Boy is it pretty outside, think I'll take a little walk.

Have a happy Mother's Day all you Mommies!

Mike
Dang, 80 hrs a week, that's crazy, I guess she's lucky to find two full-time jobs in this economy. Retiring early would be great, I keep telling Val 66 is early retirement for her and she should go till 70, that didn't go over very well Myself, I'm retiring at 66 for sure, sleep till 8:00am every morning, watch cartoons while eating Fruit Loops then take a nap till supper, ahhhhh, isn't retirement great

Old 05-10-2010, 07:46 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

Good monday mornin' PSAR

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread