Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

http://seattletimes.nwsource.c...46_webrafting27m.html

hope that isnt anyone we know

thats too sad

Old 05-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Morning PSAR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well we got our pond all cleaned out last night it was NASTY LOL, we are now putting turtle in it so we fenced around it so the dogs don't eat him, yes they would!! I can actually SEE my fish again haha amazing, the big ones are getting huge [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] so turtle is in his tank sitting in the pond acclamating to it, he wants to swim BAD!
He stunk the house up WAYYYYY too bad for my liking, NOT in my brand new house [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well have a great day all

Old 05-27-2008, 02:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Good weekend to go camping on the river...The gremlins seemed to have it out for me though. Battery was complete toast. Brenda is absolutely the GOAT! She ran into town and got a battery for me so I could ride. I was hoping they would stay to camp, but they didn't, so she wasted several hours of her day to get my battery and bring it back out there. Seriously, can't thank her enough!!!Thanks to MB for the tire repair as well! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

For anyone that's been following the issues I have had with burning through clutches on my z400 since I had the motor built out, I got the problem solved this weekend.

The issue has been that I am on my third clutch since the motor rebuild with relatively few rides on them before they are toast. The last one MB put in for me didn't even last 2 rides. I knew it wasn't the install. I couldn't get it to go in neutral when it was warm and running. Would find neutral only if the bike was off. Hard shifting, clunking, etc.

Got some great suggestions from different people in the last 18months or so of this saga. Had a Dirt Digger clutch installed recently to see if it was the Tusk one that just wasn't holding up. Could find neutral after that, but still not easily, and still hard shifting. Again, I knew it wasn't the clutch install.

So the resolution turns out to be an aftermarket universal clutch LEVER I had installed when I put everything back together after the motor build. The universal one was not disengaging the clutch all the way. And yes, I had replaced the cable, adjusted it six ways to hell and it didn't make a difference with that lever. Silly thing to screw up that much. Live and learn...I replaced it this weekend with an MSR clutch lever and VIOLA!!! I have the perfect shifting, kickass, grab on and go quad again. YEEEEHAW!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Until I blew the head gasket(I think, hoping it's not a cracked cylinder head) on it's first real ride out on the other side of the mountain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
SOB dies and the plug is wet, blowing coolant out the cylinder when I turn it over without the plug in. No coolant in the oil at all though, thank goodness. Got it cleared enough to get me back since I was out by myself.
Starts up and runs perfectly when it's cold but gets sluggish starting after being ridden. Guess it's time to learn about tearing into the top end of my motor. Could be worse. At least I know the clutch problem is resolved.

Anyway, thought I would share since it was such a simple fix to a major mechanical head scratcher....Have a great day.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bing
<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004440546_webrafting27m.html
">http://seattletimes.nwsource.c...rafting27m.html
</a>
hope that isnt anyone we know
thats too sad</end quote></div>

That is too bad. We road yesterday at Easton. I think I saw who the kid was. He was with a group of about 6 or 7. They were riding all over the place, on the airstrip and anywhere they could get too.

It must of happened after about 2 or 3, that was when we left.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Here is the original story from the Yakima Herald. The boy crashed on the Power Line Access Road, which is where we all ride there. Yakima Herald

Old 05-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Jayna, Glad to hear that you got the clutch problem fixed. That sucks about the coolant/top end. I hope it's nothing serious. I'm having problems with mine right now too. Not sure if it's because it's been sitting for long periods of time or not. I did at one point had a full bottle of coolant in the reservoir, next time I looked it was empty and it looks like it came out of the water pump. I need to change the oil, coolant and see if it leaks again and if where and why. Hopefully you can get the bugs worked out of your Z400.

I haven't heard anybody mention anything about the Honda TRX700. Have you guys seen one in person?

Old 05-27-2008, 06:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: wingdude That is too bad. We road yesterday at Easton. I think I saw who the kid was. He was with a group of about 6 or 7. They were riding all over the place, on the airstrip and anywhere they could get too. It must of happened after about 2 or 3, that was when we left.</end quote></div>
Very sad, I really feel for the family [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Can you still ride around the airstrip through the woods? Has any of the area been closed down to riding?

Old 05-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Jayna,

Sorry to hear the problems you're having with the 400 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider
testing testing 123.

Afternoon PSAR [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Well I've been working on the pond area today it is looking like a pond again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Ron cleaned it all out last night HOLY COW there was some interesting stuff that came out of the bottom [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] potato guns, garden tools, LOTS of walnut seeds haha fish are much happier now, we can see them & they can see us!! We are in the process of putting Trev's turtle in there, his tank is sitting in the water acclamating to the temp today, he will be FREE in the pond tonight & a happy camper I'm sure, hope he doesn't eat my fish though there are 3 big ones I'm sure he won't but the 9 little ones may have to fight LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
DON'T KEEP A TURTLE IN HTE HOUSE UNLESS YOU HAVE A GREAT FILTER SYSTEM [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Ron also put a 5' fence around it so turtle can't crawl out & JayCee can't fall in!! Went & got a new fountain & some floating plants it looks GREAT!!

Just babysitting today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Wunderboy is going back to work @ McD's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] haha, hey it's job to make his car pymt while going to school as the dealership closes @ 6pm so not enough hours there to pay his bills, I'm just glad he's responsible enough to take the inititive on his own now a days [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

have a good day

Old 05-27-2008, 06:57 PM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: warriorqueen

I haven't heard anybody mention anything about the Honda TRX700. Have you guys seen one in person?</end quote></div>

SPCB has one

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread