Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone from Phoenix, N.Y?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see you guys in the morning. Mojave you have my cell so give me a call in the AM. Looking forward to some riding.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer

Will do....looking forward to it.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Range Rover

Good ride today and nice meeting ya Acad, def. had fun and the weather turned out to be really nice. Got home just in time to wash the wheeler and put her away. Mojave, you missed a good ride man...did that mud hole scare ya away?

Old 10-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

not at all....wasn"t too bad... got a little wet coming back thru. By the time me and my buddy got to B-bay, we figured u guys were long gone...Had lunch at that pizza joint/resturant. What a great day..rode till dark and only got stuck twice. We put on about 35 miles today. Gave her a quick spray down and put it away. Gonna head out tomorrow but stay on our side of 81....

Old 10-11-2009, 05:06 AM
Trailblazer
Smile

It was good to meet you too FP.
It was good to get out and ride.

The weather cleared up and got really nice.
Odometer says we did like 60 miles.
We saw one other ATV, and one Dirt Bike all day.

We did look for mojave, but never found him, but
we didn't cross 81 either.
There's really nothing on the other side
of 81 anyways except trees.
You made it through that mud hole with a 2wd?
I want to see that. That hole was deep, and the ruts were even deeper!

Old 10-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Trailblazer

Odviously you have never ridden on the ohter side of 81. More than just trees so don't knock it before you try it. ANY good rider can make it thru that hole it's just a matter wanting to get muddy or not. I've been riding these trails all my life so be careful what you say, dude. WAY more than just trees.. OH, btw we saw a lots of people out yesterday so our side of 81 MUST have more than trees...lol. I'll be out today.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Range Rover

We were at the Rt. 6 drop off at approx. 9am and waited for a bit, never seen anyone so we unloaded on the other side since we planned to go that way anyways. Maybe we could of rode the other side with you guys if you were there at 9, figured ya bailed cause of the rain lol. Either day it was a good day to ride and we all did. Was crossing 81 a bitch Rob? I like your guys trails and it kinda sucks hunting season is here b/c it puts a damper on my riding haha. We'll meet up some day and ride I hope. I'm not a huge fan of the RR bed because I prefer trails so much more but it's cool as hell that we CAN ride it still and it connects us to alot of other trails. You guys are so lucky to have that pretty much in your back yards!!! I'd be going today if I didn't have to leave for CT this afternoon....

Old 10-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer
Question Prove it. Name some.

Look, I wasn't knocking it. I just said there's nothing over there.
Not really interested in arguing with you about it.
The powerlines trail is cool, but most of that is posted.

Sorry, but I have ridden it quite a bit on both a snowmobile and a 4 wheeler. I have found NO bars, NO food stops, and NO gas stations off the trail, as in without riding roads to get to them. The trail is ok, it just gets boring after the second time.

Let's see, one end starts behind Birdseye, after you go through a couple back yards and a swamp. The other end is at 81, after you cross rte 11 behind the Farm equipment dealer, cross the rr tracks and ride through the fence. CS high school is there, the fire station, Caughdenoy, and the parking lot on rte 6. There's an old airport we found as well. I heard they were going to re-opem it for private planes.
What else is there? Did I leave anything out?

There's also no connections to anywhere else other than the powerlines.

Name some if you know differently. I know the area very well.

Those ruts looked pretty deep for a SRA quad.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

We stopped for a "drink" and I snapped a couple crappy low res pics I with my Blackberry!

Attached Thumbnails Anyone from Phoenix, N.Y?-img00188.jpg   Anyone from Phoenix, N.Y?-img00189.jpg  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Trailblazer
Thumbs up

Hey...I remember that spot.
Never go wheeling with out refreshments!!

Quick Reply: Anyone from Phoenix, N.Y?