Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Anyone from Phoenix, N.Y?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone from Phoenix, N.Y?

hey guys, was wondering if anybody on here is from the Phoenix,N.Y. area? Looking for someone to ride and hang with! You can unload right from my house. Gas,food, etc. is all alvalible within the area. From my house you can go to Bernards bay (65 milesround trip on the county trails) tons of places to get fuel and food!

Old 09-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer
Thumbs up Fulton Close Enough?

Hey. I live in Manlius, but I ride in Fulton almost every weekend,
Because I have family there. I'm always looking for other people that like to ride.
I'm guessing you're talking about the railroad bed to Lake Ontario?
Have you ridden the trail to Central Square, or been over into Great Bear?
Do you belong to either of the ATV clubs in Oswego County?
What do you ride?

Post back if you want to ride some weekend.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

Hey, Yes I'm talking about the railroad bed. Never heard of Great Bear but I go about 7 miles past bernards bay then turn around and go back.Fulton is not far from me. I ride an 03 mojave (2wd) thats plenty fast enough. What do you ride? My buddy has an 07 Honda Rincon 680cc with 4wd but his wife just had a baby so he is down for a few weeks. I'm in the process of changing swingarm bearings in my machine but should be good to go soon. We should hook up and ride sometime. I'll be around this weekend.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer
Wink

Hey. Small world. It's funny, but I rarely see any other riders out in Oswego County.

Great Bear is like in between where Miller Brewing was and Hinmansville. Lots of trails in there, as well as some sand and gravel stuff. Some of it is fenced off, but a lot of it is still open.
There is also another RR bed that crosses rte 6 that goes over to Central Square, and connects to the Powerlines that go up north. There are a few roads to ride to cross 81 at Central Square, and you end up on the North Shore of Oneida Lake. Most of that is rideable as well. From the North Shore of Oneida lake, you can pretty much get up to Altmar and Redfield, from there, it's easy to get up to the Tug Hill area.

I've done the RR bed to Ontario a few times, but know of no connection to the Fulton area without riding roads. I also belong to the club out near Hannibal. We usually ride out from my brothers in Granby (Wybron Road). I currently own a Sportsman and a Scrambler. I think we will be out there on Saturday.
If your quad is back together, maybe we could go for a ride. Let me know.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds good. That rte. 6 spot your talking about is were I ride.From there you go to rte 81, cross, and continue on to B-bay. I'll talk to you soon- Oh btw, there is a HUGE mud hole from hell right after you cross 81!!

Old 09-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Upstate

Do you gents know of any trails over in Cayuga County?

dave

Old 09-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Trailblazer

I don't ride there very much, but I know some guys that do.
I think you can still ride parts of Montezuma. We did it in the spring.
We had to get a permit I remember.
I've heard there is also a club network of trails around Cato, Clyde, Port Byron and Savannah.

Welcome to All County ATV Club

Old 09-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Smile thanks for the gouge

thanks for the link I will contact them........R/Dave

Old 10-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Range Rover

Hey guys I'm in Chittenango and ride up in Altmar alot. My wife's sister lives on Wyborn Road in Granby, small world. She keeps telling me about the trails but figured she was just talking about a small loop in her woods lol. PM me and lets go riding! I'm always up for meeting new people and riding some new trails!!!

Old 10-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah,... was out today and besides all the water it was nice. Rode from Pennelville to Central Square, then it looked like rain so we headed back for some coffee. turns out to be an over all good day! The swingarm repair is working great....much better now! I'd like to hook up with ya sometime but I don't want to put my phone number on here. Not sure if you can leave personal messages on here or not

Quick Reply: Anyone from Phoenix, N.Y?