ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Where to Ride (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/)
-   -   Hinsdale, NH Pisgah (SP?) State Forest (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/326853-hinsdale-nh-pisgah-sp-state-forest.html)

jasonefd19 05-06-2010 07:28 AM

Hinsdale, NH Pisgah (SP?) State Forest

5 Attachment(s)
I went this past Monday with a friend who has a seasonal camp site in Hinsdale, NH. This campgroung is geared towards ATV's as it has a nice ATV parking lot with trail access attached to it. Only did approx 15 miles or so, but it was pretty challenging with a bunch of steep hills and rock climbs. There were some pretty good mud spots and got to cruise thru part of a lake and river! Apparently there are hundreds of miles of trails there and would definenitly reccomend going there.

sotto66 05-31-2010 03:40 PM

Are there trails with different level of experience, or is it same level in whole park? Is there something for beginners?

papahouse 05-31-2010 04:24 PM

Looks pretty awesome

jasonefd19 05-31-2010 04:56 PM

Yes on the level of experience. I am a beginner myself, and the more I ride out there the more comfortable I get. Nothing is marked, but if you dont think you can make a certain area usually there is another way around. Worth a trip out!

MooseHenden 06-01-2010 12:59 PM

Where can I find information on where to park for this set of trails. I haven't been able to locate anything on the state sites. I probably missed something.

atvjumpers 06-01-2010 03:46 PM

HERE'S THE TRAIL INFO

The New Hampshire Division of Parks and Recreation : Trail Information

It's a cool place there's also an old town inside the park no buildings just all the old stone foundations, fishing ponds and rivers also.:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::D

ATVJUMPERS

atvjumpers 06-01-2010 03:50 PM

Here is parking info it's a STEEP HILL gravel road good parking just hard climbing to get in but it's short

Trail Information

Statewide ATV Trail Map http://www.nhstateparks.org/uploads/images/pdficon.gif

Look here for trail status and information on openings, closures, reroutes and other news. The information provided on this page is subject to change at any time. Winter trail use: Mileage and access to the trail systems listed below may vary from summer to winter. Some trails and trail systems may be closed to ATVs and trail bikes during snow cover/snowmobile season. Maintenance and trail grooming of these areas may be performed by local snowmobile clubs during winter months. Please confirm with the local clubs as to what is open. Use extreme caution and good judgment when riding on permitted snowmobile trails. Irresponsible and reckless riding will undermine winter trail maintenance and conditions. As always, ride smart.

Great North Woods Region

Great North Woods Riders ATV Club/Perry Stream Trails (Pittsburg)
Trails: CLOSED (re-open May 28th)
Miles: 100+
Parking: Pittsburg: Route 3, to Back Lake Road (by Hicks Lumber). Parking available 0.3 miles on left.
Information: ATVs ONLY/No trail bikes
Maintained by: Great North Woods Riders ATV Club Umbagog ATV Club Trails/Bayroot LLC lands (Errol, North of Route 26)
Trails: OPEN
Miles:
Parking: Dix Grant: 3 miles from junction of Routes 16 and 26 in Errol, go North on Corser Brook Road for 7 miles, park by bridge.
Maintained by: Umbagog ATV Club, NH Bureau of Trails
Millsfield ATV Club Trails/Bayroot LLC lands (Dummer/Millsfield/Errol, South of Route 26)
Parking: Dummer: (Summer Only) Dummer Pond Road, located on West side of Route 16, 0.5 miles South of Pontook Resevoir/Dam. Dummer: (Summer Only) Newell Brook Road, located on West side of Route 16, 2.5 miles North of Pontook Resevoir/Dam. Millsfield: Millsfield Pond Road, located off Route 16, 0.4 miles North of Errol/Cambridge town line. Go West on Millsfield Pond Road 5.5 miles to parking area. (Winter parking only at beginning of road/Seven Islands.) Millsfield: Pond Brook Road, located on South side of Route 26, 5 miles from junction of Routes 16 and 26. (Winter parking only at beginning of road.)
Information: ATVs ONLY/No trail bikes. ATV use not permitted on plowed roads during winter.
Maintained by: Millsfield ATV Club, NH Bureau of Trails
North Country ATV Club Trails (North Stratford)
Parking: North Stratford: Located on Route 3 at Burns Truck Stop/Gulf.
Maintained by: North Country ATV Club
Success Trail (Berlin/Success)
Trail: OPEN
Miles: 20
Parking: Berlin: Located on Success Pond Road. Route 16, Hutchins Street to Success Pond Road. Maintained by: Androscoggin Valley ATV Club, NH Bureau of Trails
Success Trail Map http://www.nhstateparks.org/uploads/images/pdficon.gif

Jericho Mountain State Park (Berlin)
Miles: 40
Parking: Berlin: Located at end of Jericho Lake Road, off Route 110, West of downtown.
Maintained by: Androscoggin Valley ATV Club, NH Bureau of Trails
Jericho Mountain State Park Trail Map http://www.nhstateparks.org/uploads/images/pdficon.gif

White Mountains Region

Ammonoosuc Recreational Rail Trail (Littleton to Woodsville)
Miles: 20
Parking: Lisbon: Located off Central Street/Landaff Road. Look for trail parking signs. Gas and food are available in Lisbon, Bath and Woodsville.
Information:: A multiuse rail trail open year-round for use by ATVs and trail bikes. Connects to the Blackmount Rail Trail.
Maintained by: Ammonoosuc Valley ATV Club, NH Bureau of Trails Blackmount Rail Trail (Woodsville to North Haverhill)
Miles:4
Parking: North Haverhill: Located on Route 10, next to the “Augie’s Take-A-Break” Pavillion. Look for trail parking signs on the corner of Route 10 and Brier Hill Road. Connects to Ammonoosuc Recreational Rail Trail.
Information:: A multiuse rail trail open year-round for use by ATVs and trail bikes. Connects to the Ammonoosuc Recreational Rail Trail.
Maintained by: Ammonoosuc Valley ATV Club, Town of North Haverhill
Warren Recreational Rail Trail (Warren)
Miles: 4
Parking: Warren: Located at junction of Routes 25 and 25C.
Information:: A multiuse rail trail open from May 23 to beginning of mud season (end of contiguous snowcover). Trail connects to Mount Moosilauke ATV Club trails.
Maintained by: Mount Moosilauke ATV Club, NH Bureau of Trails
Mount Moosilauke ATV Club Trails (Warren)
Trails OPEN
Miles: 26
Parking: Warren: Located at junction of Routes 25 and 25C.
Maintained by: Mount Moosilauke ATV Club
Lakes Region

New Durham Valley ATV Club Trails (New Durham)
Trails OPEN
Miles: 33 (Den Trails); 8 (Route 11 Trails)
Parking: New Durham (Den Trails): From junction of Routes 28 and 11 (Alton traffic circle), 7 miles North on Route 28, right on Rines Road, stay left at fork, over bridge and past green gate, follow signs, parking is on left. New Durham (Route 11 Trails): From junction of Routes 28 and 11 (Alton traffic circle), 5.5 miles East on Route 11, parking on right across from Quaker Road.
Information:: Den Trails and Route 11 Trails do not connect.
Maintained by: New Durham Valley ATV Club Salmon Brook Trail Riders Trails (Sanbornton/New Hampton)
Trails OPEN
Miles: 35
Parking: Sanbornton: From Route 132, go East on Old Range Road. Located 1.5 miles on left.
Information:: A portion of this trail system is open to club members only with valid sticker. Please contact club for more Information:.
Maintained by: Salmon Brook Trail Riders
DARTMOUTH/LAKE SUNAPEE REGION

Sugar River Recreational Rail Trail (Newport to Claremont)
Miles: 9.5
Parking: Newport: Located next to the Newport Recreation Department. From the town center, head ¼ mile north on Route 10 and turn left onto Belknap Avenue. Parking is located 1/10 of a mile from this turn. Claremont: Located at the western terminus of the trail on the South side of Routes 11 and 103, 1.7 miles West of the Newport/Claremont town line.
Information:: A multiuse rail trail open year-round for use by ATVs and trail bikes. Trail connects to Sullivan County ATV Club trails.
Maintained by: NH Bureau of Trails
Sugar River Recreational Rail Trail Map http://www.nhstateparks.org/uploads/images/pdficon.gif
Sullivan County ATV Club Trails (Claremont/Newport)
Trails OPEN
Miles: 55
Parking: Claremont-Burger King Trails Routes Washington St/11/103 (Washington Street), parking available behind Burger King. Trails connect to the Sugar River Recreational Rail Trail. Claremont-Cat Hole Trails Washinton St/Route 11/103 West, turn right on Winter St (just past Wal-Mart), right on Green Mtn Rd, bear left at Foisy Hill Rd onto Cat Hole Rd, pavement ends, parking 1/4 mile on left.
Maintained by: Sullivan County ATV Club
Monadnock Region

Pisgah State Park (Winchester/Chesterfield)
Trails OPEN
Miles: 15
Parking: Winchester: (Summer and Winter) From Keene take Route 10 South to Route 119 West, go about 3 miles, parking on Right/North side of Route 119. Chesterfield: (Winter Only) From Keene take Route 9 West to Route 63 South, go about 1.5 miles, turn Left/East onto Old Chesterfield Road, turn Right/South onto Horseshoe Road, parking at end of road.
Maintained by: NH Bureau of Trails

ATVJUMPERS

MooseHenden 06-01-2010 05:27 PM

Thanks for the info. I had looked right at it and missed it. Oy... It's like Monday #2 today.

sotto66 06-13-2010 02:41 PM

I just came back from Pisgah State Park. It was awesome. I was alone in whole park. Later, I met two dirt bike riders. It is little scary to ride alone, especially electric grid part. It is very difficult part. Steep declines on rocks. Whoa... I will upload some pictures in my album. It was successful day.:nod::)

Troyboy68 06-13-2010 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by sotto66 (Post 2933579)
I just came back from Pisgah State Park. It was awesome. I was alone in whole park. Later, I met two dirt bike riders. It is little scary to ride alone, especially electric grid part. It is very difficult part. Steep declines on rocks. Whoa... I will upload some pictures in my album. It was successful day.:nod::)

Hi Sotto66,,hey how long are the trails over there? and do they connect to even more trails outside of the park?? i ride alot alone,and yep,it does get freaky,i just gotta keep telling myself to slow it down:lol:,, this coming weekend we'll be riding,so keep an eye out on the boards.