Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Charlotte NC rider

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charlotte NC rider

Anyone in the Charlotte NC area want to ride? Start a club and ride 1-2 times a month?

Old 04-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

Yes lol I live right outside of Hickory and would love to get a group started. My machine has been sitting idle way to long.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry for such a late reply, I have 2 login and didn't check this email. Let me know if you want to get together and ride

Old 08-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

Yea I'd like to get some people together still, just had a baby last weekend so my schedule has changed a little bit but I'm still looking for a group to ride. I ride a 4x4 utility if that makes any difference.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Congratulation! I'm inmy 30s so my wife is bring up kids weekly..... I'm sure I'll be there soon. I have a 2005 Kodiak 450, found it broken and cheap,rebuilt the carb and it's running great.
I have a couple of buddies who are interested in riding acouple times a month. An hour north is Uwharrieand an hour south we have Carolina adventure world.

Any other places you ride? Heck, I would go this weekend if some folks are interested.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Trailblazer

I live just outside Waxhaw and am looking for places to ride too.
Let me know if you guys come up with something and I'll try to fit it in the schedule.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you! The only place I've ridden since I moved here in 2011 was a park in Kentucky. Great place but its four hours away, too far for a day trip. I've heard of the park in SC as I'm originally from there. I wouldn't mind a day trip to either of those places though. But my wife will be out of work for 10 more weeks, which will slow down my riding some as money will be tight. But after she goes back to work I'll be able to get out and do a little more.

Old 08-31-2014, 06:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to Carolina adventure world today, it was awesome! As it's labor day weekend I thought the trails would be really crowded....they were not. It was great! There was mud, fast trails, technical trails, easy, moderate, hard and extra hard labeled trails. All trails linked back to a main trail if you need to get back to the parking lot quickly. Saw 2 people air lifted out so it has some pretty difficult trails so you want to be smart and know your limits. My brother in law sank his ATV with in the first 10 minutes of riding...hahaha...LUCKLY a nice guy with a side by side winched us out and some how his ATV started right up...Yea we got lucky......At that moment I realized my tow strap is worthless and I NEED a winch.

Any time ya'll want to meet up there and ride, i'm down!

Next time I plan to camp and bring lots of beer!

Old 09-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer

That sounds like a great place. Kind of scary about the people being air lifted but we don't know the whole story either. My big bear 400 has a winch and that would be my first add on to any four wheeler, they sure are life savers. I'm hoping I can join y'all for a ride soon but it costs money to haul lol. How much does it cost to get in for a day pass?

Old 09-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

Either of you guys ever been to brown mountain? I've heard there's a trail system there but I don't know what its like now, or if its even still there.

Quick Reply: Charlotte NC rider