Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Whats up with Manchester NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2001, 10:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats up with Manchester (Crystal Lake) in NJ? Today I went in there and it looks like alot of people have been riding there. I havent been there in like 2 years after all that mess happened, with the dead people and the cars they found in the bottom of the lake.
Everything looks intact except, for some minor flooding and worned down pit.
I didnt see any cops, I saw some people riding. Does anybody know if cops are bugging alot, and whats the amount of the ticket if the catch in there.
The only thing that surprised me, was there was alot of burned cars, more than I have ever seen.
Any comments, please post.
peace.

Old 04-06-2001, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats up? I rode there lots last Summer but in Sept. a cop saw me pulling out and threatened me with a ticket, he said $250, i know one guy who got an $800 ticket there a year ago. That was right after the jet ski guy drowned, it did calm down after that. I have not been back there in a while but i liked it there but the pit has been worn down for some time now. DO NOT PULL IN At Bone Hill, your asking for a ticket if you do that, pull in at Northampton, make a left and park behind one of the wharehouses. This is actually Dover Twn, i had a Dover cop come up to me and he was cool. If you have 4x4 then your best bet is pulling into the woods and hiding there. There are radioactive warning signs back by the old mining company, i dont know what the deal is with that and thats pretty close to the main pit. RIght now i dont know what to tell you what the deal is down there, i know there are bunch of kids who live right across route 37 and ride there. I myself am going to chance it and check the place out in a few weeks, if you go make sure you hide your truck somewhere good.