Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where is a good place to ride in central Michigan?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am from Michigan but I only ride in my area, not much in far away areas.

Old 06-02-2017, 01:27 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

According to Google Maps it only takes 25 minutes to get from my house to The Mounds in Mt. Morris. I went there once when I got my first ATV. A lot of it was off limits because it's wetlands. It was free to get in but I didn't think it was worth going back. Now it's $10 a day and a lot of people go there. Their map shows where they put some drainage culverts so you can get from one area to another. When I was there they didn't have them and every trickle of water had a sign saying you couldn't cross it. My younger brother goes there a lot to play in the mud pits with his Polaris Sportsman 850 High Lifter. I don't know anyone else that goes there. I go up north to ride with my friends. The Mounds Off Road ORV Park, Flint MI Genesee County

Old 06-02-2017, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Michigan has many good trails to ride in both upper and lower. The trails in Kentucky and Tenn have been damaged by the heavy rains and storms over the past 30 days and will probably take much of the summer to get them repaired, do call ahead if you decide to try them. Forget Ohio, I live here and they have diddly for good riding except for Wayne National forest but they have a 50" wide trail max so SxS are out. We will be planning some Mich trips this summer as it has the best riding for the least driving distance.
With all that said, do try and plan a trip to the Hatfield/McCoy riding area in WV, that place is awesome, every type of riding you can imagine and well maintained. During special events they have had 5000 machines on their trail system and it was not crowded and you are allowed to ride in the towns at 25mph. More atv's at restaurants and gas stations than cars!!