Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Best place in the US for this type of ATV trip?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Shootr
We went out to ride to the end of the trail system then ride back.. I guess they wanted it to be dark when they rode back because they went ridiculously slow going out.
I've learned to go slow on the way out just for timing. If you have a 8 hr. round trip and you go slow the first 4 hrs. you know you can make it back if you go faster. Simple trick that's saved me a few headaches.

Old 03-14-2018, 12:51 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a good idea Moose. Sometimes my friends ride until they know it's going to be dark soon, then go like a bat out of you know where, to try to get back while we can still see okay.

I try to avoid night riding. My googles get covered with dust inside and out, and after I wipe them off, they often fog up when it cools down. I found out the hard way that hologram, mirror, and tinted lenses cause me problems at night, no matter how light the tint is. I've bought nothing but clear lens goggles ever since.

I did the 3-way headlight mod on most of my Sportsman ATVs, so the low beams come on too when I use the high beam. When I had a Trailblazer I put a Scrambler style light kit on it. I had 2 big headlights on the handlebars instead of that little one on the hood. The stock headlight was nearly useless at night.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My King Quad has the 3rd light on the handlebars. It makes a big difference. Just went on a ride that turned into a night ride last weekend. Much better headlights than either the Brute Force or Grizzly before it. Still, night riding makes me nervous. Deer tend to come out a lot more at night, we saw several. You still can only see basically whats right in front of you, hard to see what's off to either side. A couple of the atvs didn't even have tailights. Not a big deal in the daytime, but makes it harder to see you at night. We had some dirtbikes earlier in the group that didn't even have headlights, they had to quit when it got dark. And the temps were an issue too. Maybe in the summer it might be great but this time of year, the cool nighttime air was not welcome.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Go West, young man, go West. From what I've seen on here, Paiute Trail in Utah would be a great place to go.
If you haven't locked in any plans yet I concur with Frank and Moose on the Paiute Trail.

Its awesome.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:31 AM
Ruff RIder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North idaho

Sorry double post

Old 06-16-2019, 09:43 AM
Ruff RIder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North Idaho

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00000947504978

Idaho.maps.arcgis.com
Parksandrecreation.idaho.gov

Idaho has lots of 50 inch trails. I ride North Idaho a lot. Kellogg area. You can ride 50 to 80 miles on atv trails and only touch forest service roads a little bit. You can ride on secondary roads with a max speed of 35 mph and no helmets required 18 and over. Lots of camping places and you can stop at towns for gas and lodging if you so desire.

Old 06-19-2019, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Washingtondave

Idaho.maps.arcgis.com
Parksandrecreation.idaho.gov

Idaho has lots of 50 inch trails. I ride North Idaho a lot. Kellogg area. You can ride 50 to 80 miles on atv trails and only touch forest service roads a little bit. You can ride on secondary roads with a max speed of 35 mph and no helmets required 18 and over. Lots of camping places and you can stop at towns for gas and lodging if you so desire.
Looks like beautiful country.