Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I see why your sending them back...they forgot to add the white walls!

Old 12-06-2018, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good news!! Tires/rims matched 100%, after double checking w/ both rim and tire dealers, before unwraping everything in case they needed returning. Only charged $20 to mount and saved me freezing my tush off trying to mount frozen tires on ice cold rims!

replaced so called 11'' tire on left, that actually only measures 10'', with 12'' on right that are true to size!

new tires finally installed ready for snow!!!

Old 12-06-2018, 05:57 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I was ready for snow. I brought my ATV home from the dealer today and when I went to hook up the plow, my winch won't go in or out. I had them replace the switch when they put HD front springs on, but just because the switch is there doesn't mean it's hooked up to anything. I knew the fuse was loose so I pulled the fuse block out and tightened up one of the connectors. The fuse fits in nice and tight but nothing happens when I push the switch. It looks like I'll be taking it back to the dealer tomorrow.

Old 12-06-2018, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Someone doesn't check there own work? I certainly hope your dealer plans on doing something for you to make up for your inconvience? I understand everyone makes a mistake on ocassion, but not checking your work?!! I was a bookmaker for 50 yrs and would the to think of all the damage I could have done if I hadn't checked my own work.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:42 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I pulled the fuse from the accessory slot months ago since the old broken switch was completely gone and I had 3 bare wires. The winch went in or out when I touched the right 2 wires together, so everything downstream from the switch worked. It just had a loose fuse that slid in and out too easy. I put the 20 amp fuse in the only empty spot left for spare fuses on the cover that you have to pull off to get to the fuses and radiator cap. Instead of using that fuse or any other from the spare fuse holder they got a 25 amp fuse from somewhere and put that in. It says 20 amp on the fuse block right above the slot it plugs into. The fuse itself looked good but I swapped in the right fuse and it wouldn't work with that one either.

I was a small arms repairman in the army. I could have done a lot of damage if my work was that sloppy. But the quality of my work was excellent, and that's not just my opinion. And I would have kept a mortar from exploding if the officer above me didn't okay one that I tried to get condemned. He didn't get in any trouble for that either, but if I caused the explosion there's no doubt I would have been in prison for a long time. After that there wasn't much I could screw up while working for GM unless I tried, and if I did it wasn't anything that blew people's limbs off.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe you shouldn't say anything about your pulling fuses, since that might give them a way out of any warranty work, claiming you might have caused the problem, covering up their faulty work!

Old 12-07-2018, 10:13 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I took it in today and they did something to it. I think the guy said they put a new connector on the end of the wire and crimped it down so it fit really tight. They said they did check it and it worked before I took it home. Today after it was "fixed" they ran the cable back and forth several times and it worked. I tried it myself before I brought it back home and it worked. The guy told me if it messes up again after I get home, don't bring it back, call them and they'll come and pick it up.

I was hooking up the plow and let the cable out, then had to let it out just a bit more to get the hook on, and when I tried lifting the plow nothing happened. The cable wouldn't go out anymore either. I don't know if the new switch is bad or they did something to my winch but it won't go in or out. So I called them and told them it was messed up again. This time I talked to the guy who was at the parts counter earlier today. He said to bring it back and they would fix it again. I told him what the other guy said and he told me they didn't have a driver because he went home already. So instead of taking it in a third time I'll wait until they have someone there early next week to come and get it. I saw a sign with their winter hours on it that said they'll be closed on Mondays. Maybe I'll be able to plow my driveway sometime this winter. So far there's just a fraction of an inch of snow. It's supposed to be mostly sunny the next 5 days and if it stays like this it won't be a problem.

Old 12-08-2018, 08:12 AM
Pro Rider

You gotta know its going to be something simple and obvious, like you said, like possibly just a dirty switch. This happened to a friend of mine a few mo's ago up north, where we started out on a night ride, and luckily just as we were leaving out of camp! We fortunately had a fellow camper, camping next to us, that just happened to be an electrical auto mechanic, that jumped right in, quickly diagnosed the problem, finding out it was in the light switch on handlebar, and after opening it up found tons of grime/dirt/crud. Cleaned it out and sprayed WD real good in there, washing it all out, and we were back on the trails within minutes! Hope this might help with your situation, and maybe wouldn't hurt to give it a try. All those elect. connections get so dirty w/ mud/water/trail dust over time. If that works go back to the dealer for a full refund, plus a little somethen, somethen for your aggravation!

Old 12-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys found snow!! I keep this quick peek, through a live weather cam up north, right on my desktop, where its showing 4'' on ground right now!! Man would I love being up there right this minute lol! especially before there's too much snow for 4 wheeler's. If we don't have it, we need to go get it lol
Snowman Cam ******* Michigan Live Video Streaming Webcam

Old 12-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

I know I've been showing way too many pic of my recently bought wheeler, where it still looks new, since I can't find any one to help make it look used/dirty/ridden and I apologize for those not helping,to lol, but I've never in all other 20 vehicles have I been so proud of any of them as this one, and with it being the biggest motor and body size and in looks! But i'm sure you can remember getting your dream ride, hopefully the one you own right now, regardless of a few problems along the way, or having at the moment, but i'm not over the thrill yet, and it just seems to keep getting better, and i'm grabbing ahold of as much of the moment while its still here, and really enjoying it lol So please forgive for one last posting of it here, or until i get er out in that biggie 11'' snow storm, that is on its way right around the corner of maybe Toledo or Flint, on its way to me lol
I just finally got all 4 tires mounted yesterday and since I had it out I figured I'd get a few pic before it gets all dirty hopefully soon! Hopefully plowing tons of snow with accidentally mixing in dirt from yard mixed in, muddying it up all winter, until next spring where we can get back out washing things up once again.

KQ LT-A750X/P

just installed front tires/rims yesterday matching tread pattern as close as dealer could do, since the manufacture hasn't designed/matched my rear tire yet in a more narrow size needed for fronts, in the Spartacus brand type, plus all 4 tires are same dia/height, almost 2'' taller than stock at 26''. 10'' actual size front, 12'' rear

rear 12''. Was hoping for more of an 11'' but after ordering 11'' that I now have on front, They measured less than 10'' so I thought by buying 12'' I would get closer to 11'', wrong!! exactly what I ordered a full BIG/HUGE 12'' lol Well they'll come in handy on deep snow plowing I figure lol I'll trade them off next spring for 11'' mud lites! Believe it or not these Spartacus tires were only $64 and as heavy as they are @ 8 ply, free shipping lol and 3 day shipping! I'll keep em for snow tires.
Forgive the blurriness, I keep forgetting to switch the camera to close up setting lol

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch