Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The problem I have with you country folk, you can go out in you big ol pole barns, look around to try and find the right kind of ride, for your mood that day, color, type of tires, top up or top down and pull one out and ride at a moments notice, all day in any direction you chose! Where as we city slickers can only do that when we load everything up, wench everything down, heaven forbid we forget anything, travel hundreds of mile from home, carting the ride and all the provisions, driving 4-6 hrs away, unable to ride it until we've reached a legal state approved place to ride, paying tons of bucks for a place to stay while there! Must be nice! Anytime it hits your fancy....well Mr. ride em any time you please.......................... I'm so jealous!! Ain't fair! No snow! nice outside and here I set, ain't going anywhere! ALL WINTER LOOOOOOOONG!!! The only light at the end of my tunnel is that when I finally get back up there, I'll be the happier dude, got you there sir, ride em anytime you take a notion, anywhere! Yet I'de trade places for just a little time out! I'm in a bad way here, and don't I know it!!! lol

Old 01-06-2019, 10:34 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are only 2 seasons in the year here in Michigan. Winter...
and road construction. I don't see any snow so they may as well keep working on the roads.

P.S. I can finally get on I-69 East from the west side of town again. No more driving on the bumpy aSpam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word red brick street downtown on a shortcut that always takes longer.

Old 01-07-2019, 07:33 AM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
I had a great day too! I did the same thing with our 2 pets, getting them outside for awhile (iguana & yellow slider) and wished I had my video camera on the ready, when after basking outside for almost an hour, they were making their way back to the house, side by side, knowing the way back, since they get out often lol, so funny!!
I also went for a ride on both atv's, around the property here, after washing waxing and detailing them. Sure felt good to get em out for awhile, some winter, were not having here lolI I guess I'm not complaining, even though with this great weather day, I would still have traded it for a good 2' of snow to play in, and plow, how nuts is that, right? lol We only have one month before our weather normally starts thinking about getting ready for spring, even though we are often surprised to get a decent amount of snow up till mid April!
I thought my Honda TRX450r was a big monster ride, when buying it a year ago, and it's still faster than greased lightning, lite/quick/nimble! but compared to this new KQ it's like day and night in comparison! My son and grandson clocked the Suzuki KQ racing down our short block, start to finish at 51 mph before breaking at stop sign! And that's with the heavier 12'' Spartans rear tires! They said they were sure it still had plenty left in her if the block was longer before being forced to break at stop sign! lol

The TRX450 on right is 380# and seemed heavy to me having owned many 2 strokes, yet the KQ 750 weighs double that and twice as big, yet its remarkably almost as agile out on trails!
Hey man!
Im actually interested in upgrading to a Trx 450 and was wondering if you could awnser a few quick questions.
Ive got a 2007 400ex and they are great fro trals. I top mine out a lot though and wanted something faster but dont like a giant amount of maintence but in pretty good with mechanical stuff. How does a Trx 450 go through narrow trails? Are they fast and reliable? Hows the maintence? thanks

Old 01-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I hear ya Frank, same here in Ohio, but with the mild winters we been having they are doing roadwork year round. In our area they redo the same overpass every 3 years, nothing is wrong with it, the just kepp tearing it up and doing it over. In the 20 yrs we have been here it has finally become a 2 lane overoass after 6 rebuilds. Each time the pavement is still like new but they tear it up and start over. Somebody must have lots of extra money burning a hole in their pocket!

Old 01-07-2019, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

I've owned almost every ATV hot rod out there, with the exception of the twin ''everything that could go wrong'' troubles with the Banshee.
2 of the Quadzilla's, 3 of the TRX250r's, all 3 years, 2 of the lt250's. 2 of the 350 Warriors, but these Trx450r's are the best of them all, all round! And mine is stock, Lite, quick, clocked us at 80, and had to hold back,with it begging to even give us more! Felt like we were going to lift off and leave the planet into space, had we had wings! No lie! The only reason I bought the 4x4 was because almost everyone is going bigger, with motors, body style, comfort, and it does have that, over the sporty quads, especially traveling at higher speeds over those tiny road whoops up north, where they'll tear you up with the vibration! You would think after driving over them with so many vehicles they would simmer down a little bit, but only makes them worse, until they finally get around to grooming them once in a blue moon lol but out on the trails they can not be beat, no matter how steep, tight/narrow, rocky it gets they never disappoint! I might be selling mine.... sorry to say, in the spring, when sales are much better, and since I can only ride one, and I'm committed financially to the bigger mother of the two! lol I'm fine with that!
YES GO HONDA 450!! very little maintenance, mainly air, oil, oil filter often, no biggie! Also keep in mind, if they start with just a kick or two your timming is right on!

Old 01-07-2019, 12:30 PM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
I've owned almost every ATV hot rod out there, with the exception of the twin ''everything that could go wrong'' troubles with the Banshee.
2 of the Quadzilla's, 3 of the TRX250r's, all 3 years, 2 of the lt250's. 2 of the 350 Warriors, but these Trx450r's are the best of them all, all round! And mine is stock, Lite, quick, clocked us at 80, and had to hold back,with it begging to even give us more! Felt like we were going to lift off and leave the planet into space, had we had wings! No lie! The only reason I bought the 4x4 was because almost everyone is going bigger, with motors, body style, comfort, and it does have that, over the sporty quads, especially traveling at higher speeds over those tiny road whoops up north, where they'll tear you up with the vibration! You would think after driving over them with so many vehicles they would simmer down a little bit, but only makes them worse, until they finally get around to grooming them once in a blue moon lol but out on the trails they can not be beat, no matter how steep, tight/narrow, rocky it gets they never disappoint! I might be selling mine.... sorry to say, in the spring, when sales are much better, and since I can only ride one, and I'm committed financially to the bigger mother of the two! lol I'm fine with that!
YES GO HONDA 450!! very little maintenance, mainly air, oil, oil filter often, no biggie! Also keep in mind, if they start with just a kick or two your timming is right on!
Thanks, that helps a lot man. Ive been researching them cause not a ton of people use them for trails. Thanks for the help

Old 01-07-2019, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Just got new snowmobile helmet and like the new features, side mount switch retracts inside sun visor, the chin strap that push, pulls easily no more fidgeting around with trying to buckle! I've always hated that! The above and below chin mouth cup that fits snugly to your face. the great seal, once all shields are secure, and the fit is right on, just snug enough, but not too tight! looks great and the color matches the KQ perfectly! Come on snow, I'm finally ready!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just ch weather again and doesn't look promising down here in the lower SE, for next 2 wks., but coming down in buckets up north. Why couldn't my part of the world have been more in line with there's, when SE Mi was first settled!? We could have still called it SE Mi. but have the border moved north by a hundred miles or so? lol

Old 01-07-2019, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

OK arent we getting all fancy now with color matching helmet and machine! So when are we getting matching boots, pants, and jacket? Heck before long you will have a big KQ carved into your scalp or tattoos on your arms. Mabey even bra and panties..LOL!! With all that flat black your gonna be in stealth mode and dissapear at night...

Old 01-07-2019, 04:41 PM
THE BERMINATOR

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
OK arent we getting all fancy now with color matching helmet and machine! So when are we getting matching boots, pants, and jacket? Heck before long you will have a big KQ carved into your scalp or tattoos on your arms. Mabey even bra and panties..LOL!! With all that flat black your gonna be in stealth mode and dissapear at night...
A guy we used to ride with had a yellow and black Suzuki QuadSport Z400. He bought the matching pants, jersey, helmet, boots and gloves. You name it, he bought it. Maybe the matching panties too. He accidentally put on his girlfriend's jeans one time and they fit because he's so scrawny, so I know they make pretty panties in his size. When he had all his gear on he looked like a big yellowjacket buzzing around the trails. I don't think he knew that yellow and black are the 2 colors that get killer bees, wasps, etc. all riled up, and he was always getting stung. It was fun watching him swatting at bees every time we stopped for a break, and they left the rest of us alone. He had his little worker bees around him all the time so I started calling him Queen Bee.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:01 PM
THE BERMINATOR

I didn't like having to thread the strap through the buckles every time I put my helmet on so I bought one of these ECHO Quick Release buckles for each of my helmets. I got the hot pink. No, not really. I got black for my black helmet, and when I got my red helmet I saw that they came in other colors and got a red one. Now I'm all color-coordinated and stuff. It clicks right in, and if you put it in straight it comes out with a squeeze of the side buttons. Sometimes I have a hard time getting mine undone then realize it's in crooked. I just have to turn it straight until the other side clicks in too, then it comes out when I squeeze the buttons. No more farting around adjusting the chin strap if it's too loose or too tight. Set it and forget it. That's what some of us po folk with cheap old helmets do instead of getting a fancy new helmet.

Echo Quick Release Helmet Buckle

Here's a row of Michigan State Trees in their natural habitat.

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch