Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
Welcome back Carter....Good luck on your new teaching career lol Don't forget your lunch box lol
Not new..been doing it for 23 yrs. They lost their apprentice training program a few years back but have recently had gotten it back. Nice money for fun work, just not thrilled with getting up at 4:30 am...however it will make extra ridin money for summer. Will we be able to even recognize your quad by next spring?

Old 01-14-2019, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

Wont need a lunch box, will be done at 9:30 am...mabey a breakfast box???

Old 01-14-2019, 07:53 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brunch box.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, how did it go teach? Did you get a chance to drill a few holes in some of them there heads today lol GUESS WHAT.... WHILE YOU'VE BEEN SO BUSY STUDDING FOR YOUR BIG PEDAGOGUE DAY HERE...your going to be real close to this next weather system moving in, to where you might need to plow your way back to that little red school house lol Your next class might be.... the proper way to plow.... going.... then coming from class haha. I might have to join ya, if this next storm moves away from our part of this country! I NEED SNOW, DAM IT!!!!!!!!! NO, HO HO HERE!

Old 01-15-2019, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

Better rush into and clean out your nearest grocery store, the big one is on its way! At least the weather dept wants us to believe it...heavy snow is forecast for saturday into sunday. Went out and snapped the plow on just to be sure everything hooked up properly. After a quick test dropped it off but it is in position for a quick attach if needed. Getting some fresh fuel tomorrow for the snowblowers and will test run them tomorrow. Probably should lay out my winter apparel so I can just jump into them kind of like a fireman does. Just warning you all to be prepared because the weather people say so!! Countin down the minutes.......

Old 01-15-2019, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

Remember my saying that by parking my wheeler in forward, instead of the usual way, backwards, and up to the plow, it would bring us some of that beautiful, nice, white, fluffy stuff, from above!! I just had a feeling, in these northern Michigan bones! lol Your welcome!!! 100% by Sat.

Sorry couldn't wait haha

Old 01-15-2019, 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
Well, how did it go teach? Did you get a chance to drill a few holes in some of them there heads today lol GUESS WHAT.... WHILE YOU'VE BEEN SO BUSY STUDDING FOR YOUR BIG PEDAGOGUE DAY HERE...your going to be real close to this next weather system moving in, to where you might need to plow your way back to that little red school house lol Your next class might be.... the proper way to plow.... going.... then coming from class haha. I might have to join ya, if this next storm moves away from our part of this country! I NEED SNOW, DAM IT!!!!!!!!! NO, HO HO HERE!
Well typical first day, with students getting lost, room was locked and couldn't get in and then found the school had assigned me the wrong room. Teaching print reading this semester and they gave me a machining lab. A few years back I was teaching machine shop and they put me in a drafting lab....go figure....guess that is what you get when you hire high paid college grads to do the thinking. I may need to plow my way to school as it rarely closes for bad weather. A number of years back we had a bad snow storm, the road leading to the school was closed by the highway patrol.....however the school was still open! Guess they figured all of us had snow shoes....

Old 01-15-2019, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Sounded like a pretty frustrating day! Maybe a good healthy snow storm, will make up for it all lol

Old 01-30-2019, 07:59 AM
Pro Rider

Season for trail riding will be here again real soon, If you thinking about getting back out riding Michigan trails again, and need someone to ride with, let me know and I'll ride with you. 2 or more days is fine with me! Got new buggy, and so eager to ride! Thanks, Steve

Old 02-08-2019, 05:41 AM
Pro Rider

Lining up another season for trail/camp trips!! 2019!! Come join in!
Its not easy to try and line up enough trail trips, for an entire season, with everyone's different schedules, to try and work around, and is why I start looking/asking early, before the season begins! It take years sometimes to be able to find enough riders, that care to join in, that has the time, or cares to make the effort/self motivation/a real desire to ride. I go through this every year! Knowing there's so many things that keep us from going that often, with so many different individual, busy schedules, like work, school, appointments, illnesses, deadlines, funds, family matters, cancellations, excuses lol etc. I've been fortunate in the past, to come across just enough friends, family, newcomers, to fill in a full season to ride, Its a lot like running a business, you got to start advertising right away/early and stay with it to keep things.... a rolling! Quad rolling! that is lol The season isn't really that long, considering, on average, only 1-2 trips a month after the big thaw....before the mother.... HOT month of July - Aug, puts a hold on things, then getting in as much as possible again, before winter hits early, up north, once again! By starting early like this helps, to get things started, and come together magically every year, if we get the word out right away, starting around this time!

Also, If you might know of someone that would possibly be interested in riding, or someone riding alone, that might prefer to ride with others, give them the offer to join up, not safe riding alone! Lining up trips now, to be ready, when weather finally warms up again.
Thanks, Steve

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch