Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very interesting!

Old 04-23-2019, 09:56 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
And it's because of people like you, that keep supporting into these threads, and adding very informative content, that help make it that way!
Lets go riding!!
Hey mr. yamaha moto, since your so close to, and know so much of, the Baldwin trails, would you care to join us this weekend there, we sure could use an experienced trail guide! I will be at the Country store campground, I'm sure your very familiar with its location! Not sure where we'll be camped, until I get there, around 9-ish Fri. morning. That should be the best day of the weekend, so far, according to weather forecast! Got one guy and his buddy, from up in the thumb, expected to possibly join in, that I'll be meeting for the first time, and a father n son, both real cool dudes, that I met last fall, at St Helen, and there from Indiana. That should do it so far, so feel free to join us for just a couple of hours or a few days, would be great! It's been a very long winter, and really anxious to get back out!
These guys were the first thing that came to mind when I read this. "Thank you for your support."

As far as trail maintenance is concerned, some trails have been improved by widening and smoothing them out. Some other parts have been re-routed to to make them better. I've seen all those things on parts of The Meadows trail in the last few years. And a lot of trails are connected now that never were before. You can ride from Leota trail to less than 2 miles from Lake Huron by Oscoda and Au Sable Twp on the Huron Trail if you can carry enough gas cans to make it to the next gas station. There's a gas station at The Dam Store but not many others I know of on those trails, but I haven't been on most of them in years. Some of our money is being spent on our trails. I've seen some new trail markers but very few of them.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:16 AM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

4-tracker, sorry I wont cant meet you up there this weekend. These are the closest trails to me but there still about an hour and a half away. My parents are gone this weekend and I cant go myself, cause fun fact, im still a "kid" lol. if you've been riding for 40 years your probably at least 40 years older than me. Anyway, that would be fun but I cant make it up there. Have fun though dude!

Old 04-24-2019, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the offer and we should be ok, since a couple of the guys have been there before but its been awhile. Good to know there might not be any really deep flooded areas.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:31 PM
Country Rider

okay good. Yeah it wont be dry but itll be a lot better than it was when i went up. Where are you from

Old 04-25-2019, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by YamahaMoto
okay good. Yeah it wont be dry but itll be a lot better than it was when i went up. Where are you from
Not sure ole 4tracker can even remember 40 yrs back...Lol...

Old 04-25-2019, 11:32 PM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't even remember 40 days back.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:03 AM
Country Rider

lol true true. I did an oil change on my Trx 450 but its been raining a lot so I cant ride it. I guess that means it time to do trail maintenance instead.... yay

Old 04-28-2019, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

Just got back from the baldwin trip, and had a terrific time, plus with it being too, the first ride of the season! Met up with a new found friend, Ed, from up in the thumb area, on Fri. He's very familiar with all the Baldwin trails, he use to race bikes, so we didn't waste any time covering most of the little manistee trails, before he had to take off that afternoon on Sat., to help his buddy take a tractor over to Traverse City. Then later that evening chris and his son showed up, but too late to ride, since he had to work that day, so we headed over to Twin Creek Inn Tavern/restaurant for some all you care to eat, fish fry, and we packed it in! great place, good food! Then got up before daybreak, to get ready to ride, and was on the trails by 7 for a full 12 hrs of sand haven fun! temps. all 3 days were terrific, sun filled, and perfect, no mud to speak of, but trails were getting pretty dusty and rutting out towards sat. afternoon, with many more ridders, but can't complain! great time! Sat we ate lunch at club 37, for some huge, tasty 1/2 lb burgers, and met a couple that was sitting next to us, that were also riding quads, from my favorite place, the irish hills, or brooklyn, mi. so we invited them to join us for a ride since they were actually going in our direction, and they kept up at a pretty good pace, for about 2 hrs, before heading back to their cabin at big bear lodge. The Little 0 is a ''little tight'' and was primarily used for dirt bikes and converted over for also Quads under 50'' but still extremely tight and in places we were pinned between trees, really too tight for me, so we took a shortcut and headed back to Little Manistee and Tin cup, and for me, my favorite, the tin cup, with more hills! The Country Store Campground where we stayed, was in pretty rough shape, and is up for sale, but all we really needed was a place to crash, just to get up early the next day, and do it all over again! Great fun! Great Pain! lol Hope to go there again!

Old 04-28-2019, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Glad it worked out for you, looking forward to checking them out myself. With all the rain we are getting here I need to mow the mud er....grass every couple days. About 25% cant be mowed as it is to wet and muddy. Buried my zero turn and used my utv to pull it out. In between mowing and bailing water I am going to try and get the toys ready for ridin season!

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch