Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The trail used to not be bad but with everything geting wet and muddy and a lot of trafic going through, completely tore it up and rutted it out. Did you crash? hopefully you can make it to the hospital and feel better man!

Old 05-01-2019, 08:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks, yeah i rolled it on me riding there, just minutes after hitting the trails! Hurt like hell the entire weekend, but I was so excited to finally get back out, after this long *** winter, I stayed at it, and didn't hold up the rest of the group, hitting speeds of up to 65 at times! I figure I was already hurting as much as you can, so no fear, mentality!! But I'm paying the price now....OUCH!! lol Taking every kind of pain pill I can find, with stinky aspercreme with HOT baths, but still hurting, and trying to get my quad sold yesterday, moving lots of stuff around, and it, didn't help either, today I'm taking it easy and go to the hospital in the early morning if it doesn't start to improve, hopefully I'm just bruised from the hard fall, (like the road runner cartoon, when its a 1-2 punch) then the quad came crashing down on my ribs, pounding the wind out of me, where I had a hard time catching my breath again! Scared the heck out me! Never doing little ''NO'' ever again lol Not on this monster anyways, it hates me lol

Old 05-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Ouch....just a reminder that your not a spring chicken any more...probably even older than that road runner! Wouldnt be surprised if you cracked a rib or two, been there done that and it aint no fun! Worst part is all they do is tape you up and just wait for them to heal. Having those extra wide tires on the front probably caused your front to float and not steer, in soft sand or mud the more narrow tire helps with steering. Oh well, we are never to old to learn...but it can be more painfull at our age!

Old 05-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

I think these new tire will really help, with more narrow trails, The others were out over 51'', I had no idea they were that wide, I wasn't legal on many of the trails, good thing that I hadn't been checked by DNR, and they do check!

Old 05-01-2019, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Yes they do...and that is my concern, thus looking for the routes instead of trails!

Old 05-01-2019, 10:55 AM
Country Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tin cup and little maniste are you where allowed to ride since those were wide for all vehicles. I feel like the trail is to narrow on a spot quad, on a wide utility quad, id hoae that trail lol. anyway that sounds bad. Ive never rolled a bike myself or brocken a rib which is a good thing but I do know how it feels to crash. Hopefully its not broken but it kinda sounds like it is if its hurting that bad. you should go to the doctor when you can

Old 05-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

I'm feeling better, since I'm not pulling n tugging on quads all day lol I got to get better, I got a lot of trail riding to do! Checking out the
Cheboygan Area TrailwaysHighlighting recreational trails throughout the Cheboygan areaAnyone? Everyone? Lets ride!! well, after I see if I can at least make it thru the night lol

Old 05-01-2019, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Already got my tires sold, from off King Quad! Facebook marketplace is the ''to go place for selling'', just about anything, FAST! I just told Rochelle, and asked if she had anything to sell, like any old bras or panty hose, and I told her, I bet they'll sell lol

Old 05-02-2019, 12:11 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I cracked my ribs it hurt BAD when I inhaled and felt better when I exhaled. If only I could have quit breathing it wouldn't have been too bad. If yours hurts when you inhale and it's not nearly as bad when you exhale, Doctor Frank* suspects a cracked rib or ribs. Hairline fractures don't always show up, so if they say it's all good you still could have cracked your ribs. If you're hurting really bad constantly then it's probably a fracture of fractures worse than that. If it hurts really bad when you touch certain spots then you most likely have fractures in those areas. If it hurts constantly but the pain isn't "BAD" bad you may have bruised your ribs and not fractured them, especially if it's where the bones and cartilage meet. I prescribe taking it easy and you should be better by the middle of June. But if you have osteoporosis like I've had for years and years then you almost certainly broke your ribs and it may take longer to heal.

* I'm not a real doctor, but I play one on the internet.

Old 05-02-2019, 04:49 AM
Pro Rider

lol Stop don't make me laugh, it hurts too much! lol but you hit the nail right on the head, or should I say right on the rib, right where your describing the pain, just the way it feels/hurts like hell, while trying to breathe in, but exhaling much easier, especially when first getting up, setting down, where its hard to try to find a comfortable spot to ease the pain, on my left side, and yes its hurts to touch on one of the ribs, extremely touchy there. I don't dare try to cough or sneeze! lol
Thanks Dr. internet

Quick Reply: N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch