ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Where to Ride (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/)
-   -   N. Michigan: St Helen, Mio, Rose City, West Brabch (https://atvconnection.com/forums/where-ride/375865-n-michigan-st-helen-mio-rose-city-west-brabch.html)

Kymco 450i 06-18-2019 04:43 PM

Keepin the fingers crossed for a rain free weekend for ya! Gonna be intresting getting thru the deep water holes with that sport quad, I know the KQ would walk right thru....I bought a "frog togg" rain suit, at walley world at half price season closeout and it worked great. now wont make any difference whether it rains or not. In fact the rain was nice, no dust and better ride in wet sand than dry sand. Depending on what wife finds out would like to get back up there b4 it gets real hot, and take one of the grandkids along. Will be a slower ride in the sand with 2 aboard my buggy, as that soft sand really eats the hp. Will be lots of riding in low range, but will still have fun.

4-tracker 06-20-2019 07:39 PM

Death Threat lol

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/atvconn...a3171b7fc9.jpg

4-tracker 06-20-2019 07:45 PM

I hate whoops, but I'll whoop em with her all day long lol ....or at least dye trying lol
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/atvconn...b51880b19e.jpg

Kymco 450i 06-20-2019 08:21 PM

Unfortunately the long range forecast is for continueing rain with just a couple days in between of no rain, at least thru the end of the month. Might as well round up your swimmies and waterwings if you plan on doing any riding this summer.

4-tracker 09-29-2019 09:29 PM

Well we muddled thru another summer, which turned out much better than expected, now if we can just get in a few more trips before the hard freeze comes back round, would be a blessing! Next weekend looks good up north/n west, but the following week is predicting more rain and cooler temps! Get it in guys before its too late, winter is so darn long, where it just slowly creeps on like a slow boat to China, before mid May begins any glimpses of decent weather starts to peek its head!

4-tracker 02-17-2020 02:46 PM

2019....10 trips out on the trails last year, from up north Michigan to Wayne Nat Forest in the south, and a few places in between, hoping to top that total this year, starting this weekend if all goes well at Baldwin Mi., near 40, extremely mild for Feb! Dry all week, Staying cold till then, keeping the snow they have from melting! Already have plans and reservations for Super Jam weekend, St Helen, plus 10 day trip in May to the Atlanta trails north of Mio. Just need to fill in all the weeks that's left till next winter lol Plan on being safe/cautious as possible! Anyone needing a trail friend/buddy for a 2 or more day trip, get with me and lets ride!! Up for new trails to explore, in or out of state. Thanks Steve

YamahaMoto 02-17-2020 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i (Post 3420583)
Keepin the fingers crossed for a rain free weekend for ya! Gonna be intresting getting thru the deep water holes with that sport quad, I know the KQ would walk right thru....I bought a "frog togg" rain suit, at walley world at half price season closeout and it worked great. now wont make any difference whether it rains or not. In fact the rain was nice, no dust and better ride in wet sand than dry sand. Depending on what wife finds out would like to get back up there b4 it gets real hot, and take one of the grandkids along. Will be a slower ride in the sand with 2 aboard my buggy, as that soft sand really eats the hp. Will be lots of riding in low range, but will still have fun.

lol got that right about being interesting on a sport quad. Ive taken my manual sport 400ex and now my trx 450er both mudding and on some very muddy trails. They do surprisingly good, worst part is the chain and rear sprocket getting dragged on the mud when the tires sink in. Ridings always fun and at least that way you get the grandkids smiling!

YamahaMoto 02-17-2020 05:23 PM

Man, you out did me for number of trips. This past year I didnt get to ride near as much as I wanted. I got a camping trip up north, some day trips and a couple days at silver lake but not near as much as you. Hopefully I also get to go out more. Know of any fun places in the UP to ride?

Kymco 450i 02-17-2020 07:08 PM

Most all the ride areas in Mich are good. Take a good gps to the UP as their are alot of crisscross trails up there. Far more trails in the middle of nowhere up there, but beutifull country!!

4-tracker 02-17-2020 09:06 PM

No UP trips, too far to travel, taking away trail time, when many trips are quick weekenders, where others need to go back to work on Monday! Have 5 friends/family I ride with, but most still work paycheck to paycheck! lol Hoping to find others to go on longer trips to make it more worth while, and enjoy without rushing! Instead of trying to squeeze a 3 day ride into less than 2 lol